Hello Everyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Steve and I just starting brewing my own beer in the beginning of May. I have been into craft beer for about three years. I turned 21 in May '04 and my curious nature led me to learn more about beer. Within a week I had discovered another beer website and it opened my eyes. I started drinking and appreciating good beer and haven't looked back since. Living in Michigan definitely helps as we have a great selection of quality stuff.

This year I decided it was about time that I learned to brew my own beer. I really enjoy learning about different things and so far it has been a great experience and I have a much better understanding of what goes into a brew. I have thus far brewed two extract batches (an amber and an APA), and I just brewed my first partial-mash, an ESB, last night. The amber was a Brewers Best kit and the other two were recipes I formulated myself using guidelines from varoius sources.

Anyway, I feel that my introduction may be a bit long-winded. I look forward to all of the advice and information I will get from this forum.

Cheers!
Steve

Welcome to HBT! :mug:

I've found that this hobby is the most addicting hobby ever- and it sounds like you're well on your way! Look around and ask any questions you may have. Also, check out the recipe database- alot of us have put our favorite recipes in there and it's worth a look.

Again, welcome!

Welcome to HBT! I got started pretty much the way you did, tried every beer I could get my hands on and eventually decided that I needed a new hobby (obsession).

Back