Heating water for a bottle washer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syncman

Reaction score
Due to a loose clamp, the kitchen ceiling needs repainting and I am banned. Decided to put my bottle washer in a self contained tub with a lid. It had to be deeper and therefore bigger than my old 20 bottle tub, so I also upgraded to 30 bottles. However hot water becomes an issue. Anyone here ever used an immersion or some kind of inline heater for any kind of project?
OLD

NEW
View attachment 678423

I suspect you'd need a lot more energy than 100 watts to do anything useful given the system is totally open. Old-school dishwashers have what's essentially the same element used in ovens to heat water and then bake dry; figure closer to 1000 watts than 100, and those are used in enclosed cabinets.

Maybe a heat stick would be useful?

Cheers!

I use a 5500W 220v RIMS tube heater on my brew frame. Maybe a bit of overkill for your application (and you'll need a 30A GFCI 220v circuit), but I just got done building my Keg washer and kettle CIP cart, and it makes use of this. Can be built from parts on Amazon for under $150...and you can then easily disassemble it all to clean. And, you'll be all set for electric brewing once you get that circuit. :)

20201029_205714200_iOS.jpg

What about a cheap Sous Vide circulator? It would heat that about of liquid to the desired temp and it would hold it without further controls too.

Back