Heat wave brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is funny. In about 6 months there will be people on here say "OMzG it is too cold to brew," and the very ones complaining now will be like "suck it up, it is 20 below stupid here and I am brewing."

You have to understand that we're Norsemen (literally means "northmen"). We're used to freezin our a$$'s off. just have the house warm enough to thaw out. But not so warm in the fermenting room.

OK we made it...only got to 98 today so it was no problem. The ghetto prechiller I made woked great. I took a old automotive AC condenser and put it in a saltwater slush and had my wort to 74 in 20 minutes. Seeing how my tap water is 85 (not 80 like last time I cheaked) I would say it worked pretty good.

090.jpg

I brewed yesterday to keep the train rolling. My swamp cooler is not working well though. Was hoping to get into the 60s not so much. Then I am worried about putting too much ice in and screwing with the yeast. Man I hope I don't screw up a great brew day with the ferm temps.

Back