HBT NFL mock draft '10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
neko is up for the Seahawks.

I think we should all track the players that we picked for our teams, see how many we picked "correctly" (the right team/right slot), how many were picked ahead of where we drafted them, and how many were picked later. Could be a fun game, see how good we all are... ;)

I have a spreadsheet that I use to geek out during the draft. I keep track of every pick, score them based on position need and value, make fluid picks as it progresses, and keep points based on how accurate my original mock draft is.

I can post it here if you're interested.

FWIW: Here's my mock through the first 66:

RD1 1 Rams Sam Bradford
2 Lions Ndamukong Suh
3 Bucs Gerald McCoy
4 Redskins Trent Williams
5 Chiefs Dan Williams
6 Seahawks Russel Okung
7 Browns Eric Berry
8 Raiders Jimmy Clausen
9 Bills Bryan Baluga
10 Jags Dez Bryant
11 Broncos Rolando McClain
12 Dolphins Derrick Morgan
13 49ers Joe Haden
14 Seahawks CJ Spiller
15 Giants Sergio Kindle
16 Titans Brandon Graham
17 49ers Anthony Davis
18 Steelers Earl Thomas
19 Falcons Sean Weatherspoon
20 Texans Kyle Wilson
21 Bengals Taylor Mays
22 Patriots Jermaine Gresham
23 Packers Bruce Campbell
24 Eagles Maurkice Pouncey
25 Ravens Demaryius Thomas
26 Cardinals Brian Price
27 Cowboys Mike Iupati
28 Chargers Ryan Mathews
29 Jets Jerry Hughes
30 Vikings Devin McCourty
31 Colts Jared Odrick
32 Saints Nate Allen
RD2 33 Rams Everson Griffen
34 Lions Jahvid Best
35 Bucs Carlos Dunlap
36 Chiefs Roger Saffold
37 Eagles Jason Pierre-Paul
38 Browns Colt McCoy
39 Raiders Charles Brown
40 Chargers Terrence Cody
41 Bills Daryl Washington
42 Bucs Golden Tate
43 Broncos Damian Williams
44 Pats Ricky Sapp
45 Broncos Vladimir Ducasse
46 Giants Cam Thomas
47 Pats Brandon Ghee
48 Panthers Arrelious Benn
49 49ers Jonathan Dwyer
50 Chiefs Sean Lee
51 Texans John Jerry
52 Steelers Kareem Jackson
53 Pats Dexter McCluster
54 Bengals Jimmy Graham
55 Eagles Patrick Robinson
56 Packers Alex Carrington
57 Ravens Jason Worilds
58 Cardinals Corey Wootton
59 Cowboys Morgan Burnett
60 Seahawks Chris Cook
61 Jets Carlton Mitchell
62 Vikings Tim Tebow
63 Colts Jared Veldheer
64 Saints Tyson Alualu
RD3 65 Rams Taylor Price
66 Lions Dominique Franks

So, I don't think Pitt ends up trading Rothlesberger... but if they did, wouldn't Oakland make all kind of sense? Oaklend sends Pitt the #8 overall pick, they get Big Ben and maybe a third-rounder. Pitt would likely be able to grab Clausen if they wanted, or reload their offensive line with someone like Bryan Baluga.

It would never happen but I was thinking Big Ben and Pitts other 1st round pick to the rams for 1st overall and bradford. That is way to much to gamble on a rookie though.

Big Ben's not worth the #1 overall pick. I don't even think he's worth the #8, by himself. He's a top-tier QB, but he'll be out six games and all accounts are that he's an ******* nutjob. Pitt's not really looking to trade him, they're trying to let him know that they're serious and he's not untouchable. If they really WERE trying to move him, I'm thinking a reaslistic return would be a pick in the #14 - #20 range. First rounder, but not top-of-the-draft first rounder.

Seattle at #4 COULD be a possibility, or I think more likely Cleveland at #7. Still, thinking any team trading for him would want to at least get a second- or third-rounder back in return. Pitt could get an 10-year left tackle at #4. I'd call Seattle and dangle Ben and a 2011 2nd rounder for #4.

EDIT: Oops, Seattle is #6. Might make that offer if Williams or Okung is still on the board.

The Seahawks are going to try to beef up their wide receivers with Damian Williams from USC. Hopefully the whole team doesn't get injured this season.

I don't think Steelers are seriously looking to trade, it took them a long time to find a good QB and they don't really want to go through that again. However they do want to send a message to Ben and any other immature star on the squad.

Rooney especially is very mad though and in Big Ben does not show some humbleness or does some stupid thing like the tweets of Holmes he could very well be traded. I think if some team wanted to put a good deal together for him, it could also happen.

I have to disagree about what hes worth. He's easily a top 5 NFL QB and still fairly young. He will likely only miss 4 games for that suspension. Sure he has been imature and an idiot off the field but by most reports he is a leader on the field. The Steelers O was more "his" team than anyone elses.

Craig

I went against the grain for the Chiefs, but I'm still in pretty good shape. Right about now is when my mock completely falls apart :D

Wow. Nobody here had picked Tyson Alualu yet, and he goes #10 :eek:. The mock draft on Yahoo! had him going late in the 2nd round.

So, seems to me that once someone we hadn't picked is selected, our mock draft is over.

What about the Bills taking Spiller? I love CJ, but the Bills have huge needs at left tackle, nose tackle, and QB.... and Bulaga, Dan Williams, and Clausen were all on the board. They better hope he's as good as advertised!

I hate the Cowboys (Niner fan here), but you gotta feel good for the vibe and cheering in the Dez Bryant house.

I can't believe Denver just drafted the second coming of Ryan Leaf. Good luck with that one. If nothing else, I guess it solidifies the fan base in the Springs.

In the meantime, I'll be cheering for someone else on Sunday.

First pick I can see bad Marshall for good Marshall..but Tebow? Josh is looking for yes sir's and definitely got one here. Gonna be interesting to see who goes. Theres alot of money thats just going to be sitting around with Quinn and Tebow waiting for Orton to get hurt. Poor Brandestater we didn't even know you.

What about the Bills taking Spiller? I love CJ, but the Bills have huge needs at left tackle, nose tackle, and QB.... and Bulaga, Dan Williams, and Clausen were all on the board. They better hope he's as good as advertised!

I'm happy they did so he wasn't available when Seattle made their second pick!

I'm happy they did so he wasn't available when Seattle made their second pick!

Meh, i think Spiller's going to be a helluva player - but I'm not sure that was the right fit for Buffalo, not with the huge holes they have on the offensive and defensive lines. He's a complementary-type player, not a building block.

VERY underwhelmed with the Pats' selection. Might have understood it more if he was really a premier prospect, or if he had the size to match up with guys like Brandon Marshall (not sure BB has ever employed a cornerback taller than 5'11"). Traded down twice, Kindle and a few other premier pass rushers were still on the board...

Hell, I would have even joined the Dez Bryant bandwagon if they took a chance on him.

Grr....

Surprised, too, that neither Buffalo nor Cleveland jumped back into the late first round to grab Clausen. I'd wager that one of those teams (or maybe Seattle) moves up a bit tonight and snares him.

Meh, i think Spiller's going to be a helluva player - but I'm not sure that was the right fit for Buffalo, not with the huge holes they have on the offensive and defensive lines. He's a complementary-type player, not a building block.

VERY underwhelmed with the Pats' selection. Might have understood it more if he was really a premier prospect, or if he had the size to match up with guys like Brandon Marshall (not sure BB has ever employed a cornerback taller than 5'11"). Traded down twice, Kindle and a few other premier pass rushers were still on the board...

Hell, I would have even joined the Dez Bryant bandwagon if they took a chance on him.

Grr....

Surprised, too, that neither Buffalo nor Cleveland jumped back into the late first round to grab Clausen. I'd wager that one of those teams (or maybe Seattle) moves up a bit tonight and snares him.

i would have loooooved to be in the clausen household when they made the tebow announcement.

danek is on the clock, but I believe that he's still on vacation. Any ideas for his pick?

Wow! That's pretty harsh. And this coming from a Chargers fan. :confused:

Dude is coming into the league with outragous hype dispite being suspect under center and throwing side-arm and he did a super bowl commercial before getting drafted.

The first time he takes the field at QB, he's going to have a giant target on his back and he isn't going to be ready for the speed of the rushers.

He's going to get creamed. He'll revert to his side-arm dispite working to correct it and he'll be an interception machine his first couple of times out.

How will he handle it? I'm betting not well.

Dude is coming into the league with outragous hype dispite being suspect under center and throwing side-arm and he did a super bowl commercial before getting drafted.

The first time he takes the field at QB, he's going to have a giant target on his back and he isn't going to be ready for the speed of the rushers.

He's going to get creamed. He'll revert to his side-arm dispite working to correct it and he'll be an interception machine his first couple of times out.

How will he handle it? I'm betting not well.

I kinda thought that Tebow made sense going to Minnesotta. Let him play H-back for a couple years while learning how to throw the ball properly. No rush to get on the field as long as Favre's around (which, I hope and pray ain't much longer). Chris Berman was beside himself last night... "The Vikings can't draft a QB.... his holiness, Brett Favre, might get upset! You can't let Favre get upset!" :rolleyes:

They'll rush Tebow into action sooner than expected in Denver, since Orten just ain't that good. McDaniels thinks he's digging for gold, but instead he's just digging himself a grave.

Colts will take Toby Gerhart. Colts were dead-last in rushing yards/game, and it wasn't just because Peyton was throwing the ball; only averaged 3.5 yds/rush. I like last year's first rounder, Donald Brown, but Gerhart should be more of a bruiser.

Dunnright00, if you think I'm harsh on Tebow, Mark Craig of the Minn Tribune called him "The first mascot ever drafted."

Back