Have no one to talk to, from pittsburgh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PITT

Reaction score
Hello all,

Im from pittsburgh and am currently a super senior at Pitt (taking 5 years to graduate has nothing to do with this hobby by the way, i don't think so at least). I just brewed my sixth batch yesterday and am currently gathering equipment to make the jump to all grain.

I love love love love love this brewing!!!!!!!! I am the only person out of friends that brews beer. So, i talk a lot about anything and everything I learn about brewing to my friends (thanks to howtobrew.com and The Complete Joy of Home Brewing, Great resources!!!!). I think everyone is getting sick of me talking their ear off about beer. I can't help it, once I get started I ramble on. I believe they put up with it because my beer is on tap in the living room for all to enjoy.

I need a place where beer is appreciated! Where I can give a story about my brew day and people will actually be interested! Where I can get advice and questions answered from the more experienced!

Anyway, I have been searching for discussion forums and was very impressed by this one. So I am looking forward to having others to talk to.

Cheers!

Anyone from Pittsburgh???

Welcome! I think you have found the place you were looking for this forum is quite active 24/7 all about beer or whatever else.

I spent a summer at Pitt (research program). Nice city, considered it for grad school. I know there are some other members from Pittsburgh, maybe they will chime in eventually.

:mug:

Welcome!! I live in Hermitage which is 65 miles north of the city. Spent a lot of time in the city (my wife went to Duquesne and lived on Mt. Washington) just a few years ago. I always bring home a growler from East End when I get a chance to make it down there. Great beer from East End. I'm currently in South Deerfield Mass. visiting family. It is off to the Green River brew fest that is happening as I speak. 40 craft brewers on hand. No this is going to make a great afternoon!! Cheers...

Welcome, I live in upstate NY brewing extracts haven't made the jump to all grain but I have gone to kegging wouldn't ever go back to bottles. I used to work for a company out of Pitt so Spent some time there nice city.

D-

Dmay,

What are you using for refridgeration? I would love to go to kegging but just don't want to buy/run another fridge just for beer. Is there any way to get past that and still keg?

rotorhead,

I found my fridge on criags list for $30. I know you can find them for free too if you are willing to search around and pick up the fridge. Kegging is wonderful!!!

RotorHead6 said:
Dmay,

What are you using for refrigeration? I would love to go to kegging but just don't want to buy/run another fridge just for beer. Is there any way to get past that and still keg?

Well I acquired an old fridge from family. Once I started putting so much beer in it the wife wanted a lock on it. So I got a lock and started drilling and you guessed it. right through a condenser line. who would have thought they would put a line right on the door edge.

The replacement was a 100 one from local mom pop appliance store. It was an easy sell for the wife because we can use the extra freezer space and some (small left over space) in the fridge. I haven't pu taps through the door because I have teenager kids (I trust) the friends not so sure yet.

The other option is use the little growlers. But I am telling you once you go keg you wont go back.

David,

Thanks for that link!! There are two clubs in the pittsburgh area. I will have to check it out.

North of the Pitt here......Beaver County. Only on my second batch here but having fun so far. Can't wait to actually get to taste some homebrew.

Back