Hasn't Anyone Noticed It's Friggin' Mardi Gras?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexLaw

Here's Lookin' Atcha!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations, folks! You've nearly made it to Lent! Now, before you go getting your foreheads all dirty tomorrow, have some fun!

If you're wondering, so far, it's been a robust porter, rauchbock, daiquiri, and Baltic porter - with a Rochefort 10 and who knows what else on deck. And, I got me some spare ribs on the pit (I ate the trimmings for lunch).

Heh heh heh. Life can be good, at times. Laissez les bon temps rouler, mes amis!

TL

I love this. I go inside to shake the dew off, and I got two replies. Mardi Gras, baby!

No hurricanes, today, though. I've had enough of those for a little while.

TL

Right now I am trying not to remeber its Mardi Gras as I sit at work....

Having jambalaya and Abita Amber for dinner tonight.

Wow, I completly forgot that it was today. I think the only thing better about today is fastnachts. Its a pennsylvania dutch donut. They make it almost worth me driving an hour and a half each way just to get some.

Okay, so I pushed the Rochefort 10 back and went with a Rochefort 6 right now. I'm so glad I did. I haven't had one in a very long time, and forgot just how fragrant this baby is. Man, it's like what you always wanted your prom date to smell like when you first pick her up. I swear, it smells like roses. It's almost a shame to drink, but they made it - somebody's gotta drink it.

TL

I had no idea it was Mardis Gras, but I am going to see Lucinda Williams in concert tonight, so that seems kind of fitting. Somehow.

I've never lived anywhere that Mardis Gras is observed, nor am I Catholic, so it's easy to miss. And believe me, you do not want to see the locals naked. Think 600 year-old elephant seals. Even in their clothes, it's hideous.

Of course I remembered! And so did my coworkers! One of the nurses brought in Pączki today. That's my real Fat Tuesday treat.

Other Pollacks will know exactly what I mean!

For our UK members it's pancake day!!! When I say pancake, English pancakes are actually crepes, but I bet you don't know what they are either! :)

I used to love pancake day as a kid. Stuffed myself with them I did!

For our UK members it's pancake day!!! When I say pancake, English pancakes are actually crepes, but I bet you don't know what they are either! :)

I used to love pancake day as a kid. Stuffed myself with them I did!

According to Jean Girard "They are the really thin pancakes. It's just a French word for them."

crepes and pancakes are not the same at all! The batters and way the make the batters are completely different.

We do Shrove Tuesday or pancake day, but with more of a griddle cake the way my great grandma from Ireland made them.

Of course, since the rest of the family moved south from Canada, we put maple syrup on the cakes. :D

I such a loser since I went back to work! I had my limit of beer (a generous limit) and now I'm off to bed. But...............I did have 4-5 beers before collapsing. I am such a girl!

I'm not catholic, I'm not from Louisiana, I can drink when I like (except at work), and when it comes to seeing boobies I do ok, if not there's always the internet. :D So what's the point of mardi gras again?

Bought my King cakes yesterday, one for breakfast and one to take to the local brewery owner for her birthday. Spent last night enjoying Bourbon St. IPA and Gumbo. Even got to see some boobs......... On Showtime...

Back