Has anyone seen this?! (yeast starter saga)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how anal he is with sanitizing the gloves and all but then he proceeds to take his clean gloves and touch his face mask and behind his ears with them.

I love how anal he is with sanitizing the gloves and all but then he proceeds to take his clean gloves and touch his face mask and behind his ears with them.

Apparently he thinks his body is more sanitary than his clean clothes.

Must have fallen asleep in high school biology class.

I made it to 3:45, and at that point it was either turn it off, or stick an ice pick up my nose (and I hate when that happens!). If it weren't for so many people who think he's serious, I might have concluded that he was attempting a parody of homebrewing. But nooooo....I'm very much afraid he's serious, and not the kind of person who's gonna take kindly to some advice that maybe he'd better go out of the movie biz.....

OTOH, he's simply a version of the occasional person I read on the forums who's just determined to try to grind way too much point on a pencil.....taken to the Nth extreme.

A creepy voice in the back of my head is saying, "It puts the lotion on the skin!"

I'd be afraid to drink his beer b/c you might end up in his basement!

:ban:this one's a classic,:ban: there's a better one where he effed up his first attempt at a coopers kit

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop......please stop. You're tempting me to go back and watch some more......it's so horrible, like a train wreck. Must. Not. View. More.

Did a bit of research (i.e. watched his creepy video on his trip to the Dominican) and realized something terrible - HE'S CANADIAN!!

I feel obliged and justified in apologizing to the rest of the world for this tw@t - I'm really, really sorry. Really.:(

This is awesome......I want to party with this guy!!!! :rockin:

Its great to see someone who is passionate about what he's doing.

He did make me think of wearing a hair net. I had my head over the boil kettle while cooling the wort and wondered whether any dandruff would provide wild yeast flavours.

Holy crap. If this was the first video I watched about homebrewing, I would have never gotten started.

I hope he's not scaring people away from the best hobby in the world.

Holy crap. If this was the first video I watched about homebrewing, I would have never gotten started.

I hope he's not scaring people away from the best hobby in the world.

That's kind of what I was thinking too. I really hope that people new to the hobby don't watch this guy.

I agree with the train wreck analogy. I just can't stop watching, no matter how appalled I am. Here are my thoughts, in chronological order:

- Isn't StarSan supposed to be clear? "Stop using when it gets cloudy". I've often wondered how cloudy is too cloudy, but that's damn foggy!
- My basement is the dirtiest room in my house! People walk around on the ground floor, and the insulation drops crap everywhere.
- You really want lotion in the beer?? Though I did one time get suntan lotion in the wort brewing after going to the beach.
- If this guy has any friends in real life, they probably hang on his every word, as if he knows what he's talking about. If I didn't know better, I'd believe him.
- At least he didn't take his shirt off! One "plus": modesty.
- Isn't his fridge dirty inside? I'd never leave wort in my fridge for hours uncovered to cool off!
- "Silicone particles" LOL!
- I can just feel his elevated pulse right now. I'm getting tense just watching.
- What does he think is inside those starsan air bubbles, if not air? There could even be "yeast particles" in there. OMG! Watch out!!!

I am resisting the temptation to bookmark this for future watching. Schadenfreude instinct kicking in.

This Has to be a joke... He's going to get an infection from the amount of vinegar dripping from his d-bag

At first, I thought this might be an homage to Phil Hartman's "The Anal Retentive Chef" bit from SNL.

But, its just very scary.

I have to say I am 90% sure this is a joke/parody. The only thing that makes me doubt it is the amount and length of the videos. He would have to be a man truly dedicated to subtle comedy.....

Yah he puts on this crazed ego maniac act. Turns out he put a video out a few years ago talking about how the holocaust never happened. REally weird cat

The coopers review was... impressive. he is complaining about off flavors, green apple specifically, isnt that caused by acetaldehyde? must be the kit and not the brewer! I hear coopers kits cant control the end-user.

I want to see a leaf fall into his wort while its cooling, I think he would have an aneurysm.

But as long as all the best homebrewers do it I guess I will stop RDWHAHB and be horriblly anal about every little thing. I guess I cant drop my mash paddle on the ground, wipe it on my pants, and return it to the boil kettle any more.

Well I had looked at this earlier and thought wtf, but didn't leave any comment. When I just looked I saw 64posts and 65 views. I started to feel guilty. So I'm back for more punishment. I find it hard to believe anyone has watched the whole thing. If you have, you probably have some leather and chains in your basement also.

I was wondering, if he rubs the lotion on his arms for the video, but doesn't wear a shirt normally (LOL), does he rub the lotion over his whole torso?

Good luck sleeping now!

Some people just take the fun out of everything, especially for new people coming into this great hobby doing research on sanitation. He must not be fun to drink with. His "laugh" alone is so fake and annoying. Very fake person that's taking it way over the top, when it's really so much simpler and fun.

Plus he probably does his brew day completely naked and glistening head to toe from his aveeno lotion. Creepy! Haha

this guy is a d-bag.... makes me want to find him and beat some sense into him... if i found making starters that tedious i would not even consider making beer.

hey what about using your hands touching the outside of that jar, now the outside of your gloves are unsanitary! cant believe i watched that whole thing.. thanks OP now i have to go rip my eyes and ear drums out for listening to this idiot and watching 11 minutes of him

haha

I had to bring the wife in to see some of that. We are laughing our asses off. "come on guys it s pilsner, its a pilsner, lets give it a try, its a pilsner, come on guys, the dominican republic, its a pislner"

A must see, this ones short and sweet...I promise :D

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back