Has anyone modified a Speidel fermenter spigot/valve that can be adjusted to pull above trub?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wantonsoup

Reaction score
The Speidel fermenters are great. HDPE, large top opening for easy cleaning, handles, transparent enough to easily see levels inside, etc.

But the spigot is not great. I've had them leak, there's no tubing size that fits over the end, and it is positioned so low that they grab trub and sediment.

Has anyone modified the spigot with something that can have tubing attached, and with an adjustable arm to grab beer above the trub?

Thanks!

Look at norcalbrewingsolutions.com. They have a few accessories for speidels, one of which has a diptube and 1/2” fitting so you can attach a ball valve. That would fix all three of your problems. Leaking spigot, better fitting hose, and drain from above the trub. I use the one that has the diptube and thermowell, works well.

Thanks! A bit pricey considering what I paid for my 20 and 30 liter fermenters, but I'm glad the option is there!

I found this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HRCP7KG/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

But I'm struggling to understand why in the world it's chrome instead of stainless steel :mad: Would be just perfect if it weren't chrome. (Although isn't a dip tube admittedly.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw those at morebeer a couple weeks ago.
Yeah the parts are pricey, but I will say they’re good quality.

Latest posts

Back