Haribo Peaches Skeeter Pee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clearpower

Reaction score
So my buddy and I just finished a grape and apple cider and wanted to do a skeeter pee on the lees. I got a little bit of inspiration from a sour I tried at the LHBS called tiger rings that used watermelon rings and lactose and decided to put a pound of Haribo gummy peaches into a 2 gallon batch of skeeter pee. After only a day on the lees its chugging along nicely and smells down right seductive.

At first I wanted to brew it with watermelon gummies like the sour I had but the ingredients in the watermelon ones were much less conducive to fermentation, if anyone knows of a brand of watermelon gummies or candies that ferment and taste well please let me know!

I was also thinking about using them as a method for backsweetening and adding gelatin to help cold crash yeast since that's a major ingredient in the gummies, and if anyone had any experience with that.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 115419-00_A.jpg
    115419-00_A.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
You could try watermelon Jolly Ranchers?

Wow. Just, wow. Did you dissolve the gummies before putting them in? Did you mix them with an already finished batch of skeeter pee, or was it with the ingredients to make skeeter pee? Still reeling over here. 🤣

I dissolved them with some of the lemon juice and water and just used one less pound of sugar in the primary. It sure smells good bubbling away.

Latest posts

Back