hard lemonade help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cameronf

Reaction score
ok so i posted earlier on a card board tast and some one suggested yeast nutrient and i did that and its been a week now and i tasted it just a few minuts ago and its like tasting strait vodka and a splash of lemon so 10lbs of sugar is way tomuch for 5 gallons do you think if i made 5 more gallons of lemonade and mixed the to it would mellow it out
its so strong it burns your throught my wife thinks it funny
any suggestions this will be the third week it has been fermenting

Time will mellow it out... You can simply wait until it's done fermenting, give it some more time, then see if it needs any help in getting 'better'... Depending on the yeast you used, you could be looking at a non-carbonated version. Well, unless you keg it up...

The next batch of hard lemonade I make will be carbonated with gas. That way I won't need to worry about the yeast not carbonating it when bottled. Plus it will be easier to serve. :D Just means if anyone wants some, they'll need to come over to my place. :rockin:

ok thanks im impatient i want to drink it now but it tasts like sh@# the anticipation is killing me
i read in another thread about backsweetening how does that work and im planning on botteling so if i back sweeten i wont need priming sugar but will i run the risk of bottels exploding

Back