Happy Brewing to all, and to all a Drunken Night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

histo320

Reaction score
Earlier today (after golfing), I racked my Magic Hat #9 clone into the secondary and proceeded to go to the LHBS while SWMBO sanitized everything for me.

I am remaking my first batch which was an IPA but instead of using 2 oz of warrior hops, I am going to throw in some spare chinnook.

Here's the recipe:

6 lb Northwester Gold Syrup
1 lb Briess Gold DME
1 oz Chinook (11.40 aau) at 50
1 oz Warrior (15.80 aau) at 40:rockin:
1 oz Amarillo (8.60 aau) at flameout
White Labs California Ale Yeast

This is what I am making today, what are the rest of you making this great weekend?

:mug:Here's to all on this great brew weekend :mug:

It will only be batch #2 for me. I can't wait to get going on it. SWMBO's b-day is mid-May, and after watching me do my first batch, she said she'd like to do a brew with me, maybe letting her pick the style for her b-day. So, as soon as quittin' time gets here, we're going to head down to the LHBS and pick up stuff for an APA. Can't wait! :)

Today... Racking into secondary Sam Summer Ale Clone
Saturday or Sunday .... Bottleing Slop Pail Ale
Sunday or Monday......Brewing Kolsch

All weekend...Drinking Slop Pail Ale

My brew last night went great, no boilovers and I had the pot almost filled to the brim.

THis will be in Primary for 3 weeks or so then age for 3 weeks. Right now I have 46 bottles aging, 1 batch in secondary, and 1 in primary which will give me plenty of beer for the months to come!

I will be racking the Magic Hat clone to secondary tonight, then start something else. Not really sure what though, I think I'm going to go w/ an American Wheat.

I just steeped the specialty grains and bringing the pot to a boil to add the LME for a pale ale. The kit is from Winemakers (Chicago area). This is my second brew. I have a Brewer's Best Robust Porter in the primary that was brewed last Friday. I went and bought a second Ale Pail primary yesterday so that when I rack the first beer, I will be able to have 3 going at once. (I want to get loaded up for the summer :rockin:!)

Great brewing to all!

Back