Happy Brewing from Raleigh NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdprice3

Reaction score
Going to brew my first tomorrow morning! I've had an equipment kit for years and read Palmer's book a few times... and I am finally getting around to it! Spent a few hours today glancing through Palmer's brew day chapter, reading my kit instructions (LHBS kit), soaking equipment in beer brite, and doing an initial burn with the new propane burner and pot.

And boy am I glad I did this, because I found out that the nozzle on my bottling bucket is cracked! :( Not that I have to have this bucket, but I was planning on using it as my sanitizer (star san) bucket for brew day. Got a new nozzle on the way tonight and I'll be set!

I just hope my beard (e.g. 5 day no-shave) pleases the beer gods.

Doing a Belgian Blonde Ale extract kit with steeping grains. Just wanted to introduce myself to the forums; I'm looking forward to joining the community.

I'm ready to R[N]WHAHB! :mug:

Cheers

Thanks. Just got finished brewing. Took about 4 hours, but a good portion of the first hour was figuring out the new burner and maintaining temperatures before we really got started. Everything went well, except being low on the OG (EG 1.069, OG 1.064). I had a little boil over after my 2nd LME addition and I think I went a little over on my top off. Certainly need to continue working on temperature control and timing (during brew, yeast hydration, wort cooling, and initial swamp cooler temp)

Latest posts

Back