"Half in the bag" is a great place to be!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Who's with me?!?!

"Half in the bag" is wonderful. You're not drunk, nor sloppy. You're not in the "I love you man" state and facing a hangover.

It's just the "half way" there point. Like a buzz, but not too much. You can still listen to music, converse, browse the forum, check email, and have another beer. It's the best place to be after a long hard day.

(Full confession- since I'm semi-retired, my "long hard day" wasn't long or hard. But I did have my 22 month old grandson all day, so I moved constantly from 8 AM until about half an hour ago!)

(Further confession: "Grandma's beer" and "grandma's bloops" are probably going to be an issue when he starts school. But for now, watching airlocks and pouring a pint are still educational experiences).

:mug:

Agreed - I'm in Dalton Georgia tonight, after a long day of travel had a pint of a local beer, SweetWater, and a glass of Knob Creek and am feeling pleasantly relaxed.

I am not saying anything, but just came accross this and I am 3/4 into the bag..thinking of your last pic with the wipe.. show the hubbie and see what he thinks.. I think she has is a fishing pole in her hand??!?!?!?!? LOL

395370_228210320597299_227695290648802_513015_1688057661_n.jpg

I agree. Nirvana, but I would not want to drive.
Have read about 4902, but must have been before my time.

i'm with you in theory, but in practice- i'm a waterslide guy. there's no stopping at the halfway point unless and ambulance and extraction tools are involved. i'm getting wet, and winding up way in the bag. i'll pull the zipper shut... i'm smashed right now. primarily due to the poor performance of the 76rs, and dick stockton saying igWAHdola all night, but i can find another excuse.

1/2 in the bag is nice, always has been...
I'm just wondering what "Grandma's Bloops" are. :confused:
Regards, GF.

Well, since Homer mentioned "gas", I felt the need to clarify!

It's airlock activity. Quinn LOVES to bloop along with the airlocks. Everytime he comes over, he looks at all the fermenters to find any new ones that are "blooping". Then he jumps and says, "bloop!" whenever an airlock burps.

It's NOT me! :D

Did you head out to the cottage last night? I saw you and Bob drive by around 4:00. We almost came out to do the trench but didnt have the hitch to pull the trailer. I went to the river and got a little over half in.

Did you head out to the cottage last night? I saw you and Bob drive by around 4:00. We almost came out to do the trench but didnt have the hitch to pull the trailer. I went to the river and got a little over half in.

We did! We stayed out there until about 9 PM or so, since Bob was catching fish. I waved to you and your brother, but I didn't think you saw me.

Whenever you want to trench, I'm game- whatever works for you.

Who's with me?!?!

(Further confession: "Grandma's beer" and "grandma's bloops" are probably going to be an issue when he starts school.

One Sunday, my younger cousin (by 25 years!) went to Sunday school at church and told all of the teachers:

"My grandma REALLY loves beer!"
"She drinks it all the time!"
"She gets sad when she runs out."
"She even lets me drink it sometimes!"
"I LOVE beer too!"

My aunt got some concerned questions when she picked him up.

He was talking about ROOT beer. We still laugh about that to this day.

Back