Had my panties removed then my mind erased!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
So last night I drank about a 1/2 gallon of Apfelwein and then drank 6 - 12oz Skeeter Pees. Seems I can't remember the last few hours of the night and was still drunk when I woke up at 8am!

My buddy texted me at 8:30 am "Still Drunk Damm Skeeter Piss!"

LOL! Good times! Just finally getting over the hangover ;)

(BTW I don't really wear panties ;) )

Yeah same kind of story. The day i bottled my first Apfelwein batch, I had already bottled a batch of beer and subsequently, been drinking a few brews throughout the day. Well after being about 7 IPAs deep I bottle the Apfelwein and I had 46 bottles or so cleaned and sanitized. Well, I should have had 50. So, being the engineer I am I just rack to a pitcher. I drank that damn pitcher shortly after and the next morning I definitely regret it.

Mike

Wow, I got all temporarily tingly at the thought that you might really be a chick who gave up her panties simply over a couple pints o Ed wort's concoction....When of course more than likely, as has been my lot in life online, you are really this guy...

fat_guy_in_girl_underwear5.jpg

Pr@*& Tease.

:D

Apfelwein is just about the only drink that does not give me a hang-over...hardly even a headache. That doesn't mean i haven't found my pants in weird parts of my house not understanding why there their the next day...lol

mmm I think the culprit was more the skeeter pee it came in at 11% ABV. The Apfelwein had me feeling damm good the skeeter pee well things really get kinda hazy then :)

Thanks Revvy & Akthor

I got the sugar & the yeast.

There aint NO way ill be buying any AJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skeeter pee will hurt you quickly.. bottled a batch yesterday... bottling one tomorrow... bottled 3 others prior. It goes fast around here.

I've been reading about this skeeter pee for a few months and methinks I need to get a batch going. Think an apfelwein yeast cake would work for it?

The batch I was drinking from was 3 1/2 gallons AJ, 1/2 gallon pineapple, 1/2 gallon cranrasp, 2lbs dextrose, premier cuvee yeast (I use cuvee yeast on all my apfelweins, supposed to provide a sweeter finish and it is capable of 18% ABV which is good for when I use the yeast slurry from it to make a batch of skeeter pee ;) )

Oh snap ... had my panties removed then my mind erased!]

What is your Apfelwein recipe?

That's what I use. I just pull a batch off early (1 month) and use the slurry. In the skeeter pee directions he says and I quote: "3.You want to use a healthy yeast slurry to start your batch. If the slurry is coming from wine that is being pushed to high alcohol levels, it’s possible the slurry is suffering from the effects of alcohol poisoning. Therefore, it’s best if the slurry is used while it is still part of an active ferment."

I see no ill effects to my Apfelwein moving them to secondary after a month to steal the yeast ;)

I've been reading about this skeeter pee for a few months and methinks I need to get a batch going. Think an apfelwein yeast cake would work for it?

akthor - can you explain, in detail, how to use the yeast cake to go from batch to batch?

What is the yeast cake anyway? The spent yeast at the bottom of the fermenter? How do you wash / clean it to ensure you pitching just yeast.

I have not started my apple wine yet and would like to give it a shot.

Can I use this for beer as well? I am brewing a dark brown ale. Can I save the yeast for another batch?

why not just dump on top of trub? sorry if that is a dumb question, I have never washed or reused yeast.

why not just dump on top of trub? sorry if that is a dumb question, I have never washed or reused yeast.

that is the way I have made my skeeter pee and I believe that is what the recipe calls for.. I just finished bottling a batch. I will say that even though the alcohol is approximately 10% or so, it seems to just ease up then KAPOW!! I gave a friend a 6 pack a while back. he drank it, stood up , fell and busted his glasses, blacked his eye, skinned up his arm and asked for more lol!!! I think maybe it is because there is absolutely no alcohol taste ( imo) it is like drinking good, sweet lemonade......then, WTF happened?

absolutely, there is a detailed how to on the net.. follow that exactly and it is very good.

Well I have to start the skeeter pee in it's own vessel anyways where it sits for 24 - 48 hrs before adding the slurry. So I just transfer a batch of apfelwein to a keg. Then I swirl whats left over in the apfelwein bucket, prolly an inch of apfelwein and the "trub or slurry" around till it's all liquid and nothing is stuck to the bottom and then I dump it into the skeeter pee primary. Then beat it in with a whisk.

Easier to me to dump the slurry than to pick up 5 1/2 gallons of skeeter pee and dump it into the Apfelwein bucket ;)

You can do the same for beer I put a whole batch of Irish Stout on top of the trub from a batch of Nut Brown Ale. Talk about active fermentation ;) Do a search about re-using yeast cakes from beer. Lots more info than I can provide you with when it comes to that.

It looks like the next step after Apfelwein, I should start a batch.

Had plenty of these nights that you are describing with just the apfelwein, cant wait for the skeeter pee :)

freeballer here as well, and i have alot of nights like that. i really like it when i wake up with my girlfriends panties as eye patches myself!!!

Back