Had leaky weldless, now it's all better

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HitTheTwit

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
There are a 1000 threads about this, but none answered my issue quickly enough. So if you have a leaky bulkhead, see if your experience matches up to mine.

I had bought a weldless bulkhead fitting off of MidwestSupplies about a year ago. Attempting to install it always resulted in a small leak, more of a drop of liquid every 30 seconds or so.

weld-b-gone-deluxe-kettle-conversion-stainless-steel-with-no-barb.jpg

This is what I had received, set up like this, only with an extra silicone ring between the valve and the bulkhead fitting.

Assuming they knew their stuff, I then installed it that way...and had the leak.

I've been dealing with Bargainfittings recently, and they have been proving to be awesome beyond expectation every time. I looked at their weldless and how they installed it.
instructions.jpg

They reversed the location of the locknut, and emphatically mentioned that the second O-ring was a spare. So I assembled my bulkhead their way.

And it worked perfectly! If you are having leak issues, try looking at BF's instruction page and redoing your seal as recommended. :mug:

I was having problems with mine until I swapped out my SS nipple with a shorter one. Works much better.

That's funny, I always put my o-ring on the outside between the shim waher and the keg wall. I don't have a leaking issue with any of my fittings most of which are homemade.

Back