Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As you know a 1340cc Fatboy without the 6th gear likes going 60-65mph. Until I got one I never thought it would go so slow. I'm all about country riding and bar hopping. There was a tap room down by you I wanted to stop by, I'll try to find the name. I know you have some sick choppers, but mine is not a total beater.

bike2.jpg

That's a beauty of a bike...my ultra classic is a beater by comparison its as 90 so its seen some miles and abuse.. One trick pony, flossmoor station , FFF, Bulldog, horse thief hollow and Figure 8 are all down here..

I'd put all my grains in storage almost immediately but held off on the rice hulls until today. Not sure how you guys managed to split the 50# in two, but I had no damn idea how to break the 25# down in half.

Talk about herding cats! You haven't seen hilarious until you've seen someone trying to arm wrastle compacted rice hulls!

Next time I buy bulk rice hulls, which will be sometime in 2045, I'll check in with you master splitters and figure out your technique. ;)

I'd put all my grains in storage almost immediately but held off on the rice hulls until today. Not sure how you guys managed to split the 50# in two, but I had no damn idea how to break the 25# down in half.

Talk about herding cats! You haven't seen hilarious until you've seen someone trying to arm wrastle compacted rice hulls!

Next time I buy bulk rice hulls, which will be sometime in 2045, I'll check in with you master splitters and figure out your technique. ;)

There's a video of Neopol splitting the rice hulls in the Chicago Home Brewers Group Facebook page. It's quite impressive.

Neopol sliced the bag around the perimeter and then gave it a Bruce Lee whack. See prior photo.

Man all the talk of riding. RIP xl & big blue, they didn't survive pregnancy #2.

ForumRunner_20130525_194404.jpg

Take a run up the hill heading into the back side of starved rock for me...

We have a facebook page??!!! Dave, I'd like to stop by all those places. First round is on me.

if I still owe you a refund on the Hallertau that was out of stock please shoot me a PM with an email that I can send a paypal payment to. Thanks and sorry for the delay in getting refunds out.

I have some buckets if anyone needs any I have some 5 gallon buckets some 3 gallon buckets and a whole bunch of 2 gallon buckets.

Finish all your beers you had stacked up all around?

Finish all your beers you had stacked up all around?

umm..no. That's a monumental task for anyone. I did give a lot of it away to those who helped out in the group buy as well as my next door neighbors who let me use their forklift.

Did you drink my Berliner? ??? How was it if you did?

I think I tried it...I don't recall to be honest. After awhile all of those beer bottles look identical and I can't tell whose is whose. The exception are the people who affix very elaborate labels to their bottles.

The lid said mbb in sharpie....but its cool hopefully we get a hop buy soon

I'll look for your beer later on. In regards to your hop buy, check out our forum for more info. you'll need to register to add comments.

I have the following left that someone ordered but never paid for. Who wants it?

BM-5378 Briess Caramel Malt 80L $0.74 1 of 2 25# $19.50
CM-RYEM Canada Malting Company Rye Malt $0.52 1 of 2 27.5# $15.40
HU-90CHI US Chinook $8.14 1 of 11 1# $8.18
TOTAL (with shipping) $43.08

I have the following left that someone ordered but never paid for. Who wants it?

BM-5378 Briess Caramel Malt 80L $0.74 1 of 2 25# $19.50
CM-RYEM Canada Malting Company Rye Malt $0.52 1 of 2 27.5# $15.40
HU-90CHI US Chinook $8.14 1 of 11 1# $8.18
TOTAL (with shipping) $43.08

Would i be able to get a refund?

Would i be able to get a refund?

Your chase payment was one of the last to go through. PM me your paypal (I don't use chase anymore because they suck) address and I'll refund you your money. But I still don't understand why you never picked up your stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back