Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doongie said:
I saw Gamma lids at Menard's a week ago for about $7 each I think. Might be a touch higher in Chicagoland, but that's a pretty good price.

Thanks for the lead! Picked up 2 at $6.97

Hay bill do you know what was missing from sk888smooth order

I did find that split bag. What through us off was that it was marked "Best Pilsen" instead of "Briess Pilsen" but it did have the correct nomenclature of BM-5303. I am meeting homebrewfrank, who lives in Bartlett, later on this week. Maybe you guys can arrange something.

Saw my name mentioned....im always willing to help, i live near 59 and 20 (lake st)....if anybody needs something brought back from Bills, just let me know

Bill is between 9-10am ok?

for those that have not picked up yet or made arrangements to do so please let me know what's going on.

Ok, two people picked up for a total of four. For those of you that haven't picked up yet not have not made arrangements with me please message me as soon as feasible and make arrangements with me. I have plans this weekend so I will not be around. Don't make me keep your grain. ;)

Oh yeah. 13 up and healthy..

ForumRunner_20130521_213610.png...

TyTanium and adriedel, I have your grain.

I can be free Saturday morning-ish. No skate lessons again, but I can meet y'all somewhere. Going out of town that afternoon, though.

TyTanium and adriedel, I have your grain.

I can be free Saturday morning-ish. No skate lessons again, but I can meet y'all somewhere. Going out of town that afternoon, though.

I could probably be free Sat AM. I can grab adriedels if he can't make it since I'm at least closer to Lombard. Or vice versa, he could grab mine and I'll get it from him later. Whatever is convenient for you guys.

If you can pick it up that would be cool. I might beable to get it friday afternoon but only if I get off work early.

Saw my name mentioned....im always willing to help, i live near 59 and 20 (lake st)....if anybody needs something brought back from Bills, just let me know

Bill is between 9-10am ok?

Bill,

Were you able to hand off the missing grain to Frank? I'm near 25 and 90 so that isn't too far.

Thanks for finding it.

Thanks!
Kory

Just picked up at Bills....Bill,i cant thank you and all involved in the group buy site/ordering/split crew, and anyone else i forgot, enough! You are all awesome, and im very grateful for the efforts and time put towards yet another successful group buy!!!

Sk888smooth - i have your missing grain, what day or time is best for delivery/pick up?

Just picked up at Bills....Bill,i cant thank you and all involved in the group buy site/ordering/split crew, and anyone else i forgot, enough! You are all awesome, and im very grateful for the efforts and time put towards yet another successful group buy!!!

Sk888smooth - i have your missing grain, what day or time is best for delivery/pick up?

I'm a bit squeezed for time right now, but I am not too far from you. I may be able to make a quick trip tomorrow evening, but not sure. I'll PM you my cell so we can communicate.

If you'll be in Elgin at all any time soon, I can meet you. I'm only about a mile north of downtown.

Kory

if you haven't picked up your grain please make arrangements with me to do so ASAP. Thanks.

Not sure if everyone knows this, but if you head to your local bakery/grocery store bakery they often have 5 gallon buckets they bought of frosting you can use for storing grain. Swung by Jewel and picked up a few, but need a few more to store all of this goodness!

I need some buckets please, but I'll have to trade you something for them. How about a couple of pounds of PBW? Or a can (1lb) of dark Belgian candi syrup?

Buckets...always a commodity...if you have and endless supply I'd buy 10+ off of you. Of course location/distance trumps.

Hey Dave, your horseradish starts jumped back to life in no time at all. Thanks again. I bet I could strap ten buckets down on the back seat of my harley and run them down to you, use them as a back rest.

Good deal brother, if you can put em in the ground they'll get big quick.. I will post the recipe for processing the mild to hot horseradish sauce on the CHBG site in recipes /other so that everyone will have access to it, I use it to make a mean "take your breath away" cocktail sauce too...

As much as I'd love to see you putting down the highway with 10 buckets strapped on the back seat of the scooter....no need for that they are only buckets..I am taking the bike out towards starved rock - Morris tomorrow morning to my camper.. What kind of routes do you ride, I tend to head towards cornfields on the Electraglide, and local bar hopping on the 64 hard tail kicker.

If anyone that took horseradish starts doesn't have luck, I'd be happy to share at the end of the season, I have 35 in the ground so I anticipate about 15 lbs of root..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back