Grilled Cheese and Crab Sammich

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurel

Reaction score
YUM!

I thought this up while I was hungry at work yesterday.

I got a loaf of sourdough bread, some fake crab (money's a little tight right now and I figured real crab flavor wouldn't come through anyway) at the store, and headed home.

I toasted one side of each slice of bread in my castiron pan with a little butter (way better than broiling or using a toaster, btw), then put a layer of grated parmesan, a layer of swiss, a layer of crab, then more swiss and more parmesan, and the other piece of bread, toasted side in, on top. The whole shebang went back into the rebuttered cast-iron pan (on medium-low) to get melty, I turned it a few times to ensure it didn't burn on the outside, then covered it loosely with a lid to trap in some heat and get the cheese really gooey.

I served it with a big mug of creamy tomato soup with several dashes of Tapatío hot sauce on top, adding more as it got less spicy.

It was cheap and delicious, almost as good as bacon, avocado, cheddar grilled cheese

Excuse my lame kitchen
DSCF6346.jpg

Man I hate you! Just kidding, that looks awesome though. I don't have a dang thing to eat in the house right now either. I'm jealous!

Oh wow...

When I was a kid and I got sick, my mom always made me grilled cheese and tomato soup. Looking at your picture, I can almost smell the Vicks vap-o-rub in the humidifier, and feel the thermometer under my tongue.

Looks good Laurel! Sometimes the simplest things are the best. (Did Van Gogh like tomato soup?)

I gotta call my mom tomorrow. :eek:

I hope so! His head is filled with it!

I'm a sucker for "spruced up" versions of comfort food. :yum:

Latest posts

Back