Greetings from the edge of nowhere ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyder

Reaction score
So I was talking with a local when the wife, dog and I moved to Bandon Oregon. I mentioned that it was great living in the middle of nowhere, he promptly corrected me and said, "you now live on the edge of nowhere ...".
So here we are living a life very much resembling Andy, Opie and Aunt Bee, with the addition of world class golf.

Downside .... NO BEER ..... They really like their Coors Light and Budweiser in these parts. No prob ... for about ten bucks, a sixer of some mighty fine Oregon craft beer can be had. Problem .... at this cost I'm going to run out of golf money. So here I am.

B'day yesterday and I just ordered my equiptment from Midwest and was able to take advantage of Austins 50 state sale on Friday. We are very excited and the information gleaned from this sight is truly priceless. The wife and I have read both of Paparazians books and Palmers internet book. I must say that this sight has real world feedback and is interactive .... there is REALLY SOME VERY TALENTED AND INTELIGENT PEOPLE here. I'm really glad I found you guys.

I've helped (watched) my grandparents make beer some 45 years ago or so, I've experience making wine in college as where I lived we had several grape vines and some huge apricot trees and could not stand to see all that fruit go to waste. Today I live about a block from the beach in the middle of a forest and several apple trees and a couple of cherry trees and varies berries, last summer pretty much got sick and fat on pies and jams, This year I will still be fat but happy, drinking the nectar of Gods. Anyway thanks for a great site and thanks in advance for the help I'm surely going to need. T time in about an hour and there is snow .... yes snow in my front yard this morning .... so I guess we'll see if I'm still playing or if I need to fire up Tiger '09 on the WII. Ciao!

I would hardly call Bandon the edge of nowhere. I mean there's .... uhm... Grants Pass... and Eugene.... OK you're right it's the edge of the world! Since you have apple and cherry trees, I see many batches of cider and cherry wine in your future. We're also getting snow up here in Portland, but not nearly as much as the coast.

And welcome to the forum!

Latest posts

Back