Greetings from New Jersey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valacech

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Chris and I'm brand new to home brewing. I'm 25 years old (26 in October) and live about 2 minutes from New York City. I live with my girlfriend and our dog, Bebe. We're both Soldiers in the Army Reserve. I entertained the thought of brewing my own beer for quite a while and decided to finally do it. I purchased the equipment I would need and made some of the other stuff. Surprisingly, the way my home is set up turned out to be the perfect set up for making small batches of homebrew.

After some careful youtubing and a lot of reading, we brewed our first batch of beer from grain and it is presently fermenting in a 6.5 gal class carboy. We made a Pumpkin Ale (using Richard's recipe) and we're curious to see how it's going to turn out. That hardest part about brewing is waiting for it to be ready!

I look forward to learning as much as I can about this wonderful and fun new hobby I now have to enjoy. I also look forward to making some new internet buddies on here to learn from and sharing the things that I learn with all of you.

Cheers.

Chris

Hey Chris,

Welcome to the forum. I'm new to all this too - and I totally understand what you mean about the waiting.. mine has been in the carboy not quite a week and I'm already getting impatient!

:D

Welcome to the forum Chris, and thank you and pass on my thanks to your girlfriend for your service. Go buy another fermenter and get a second batch going.

Hi Chris, welcome to the board. There are loads of people here from NJ....I even know one or two from your area. There are a a few AHA clubs in NJ as well, you may want to check them out--they can be great resources for friends and group buys.

Back