Greetings from Indianapolis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beach31684

Reaction score
Boy am I glad you guys are here! I am going to have lots of questions. I just finished my first batch of Brew-B-Q Pale Ale. It went fairly well. I have a converted Kegerator so I was able to keg it. It was a little cloudy but I also didnt use any Irish Moss. And I also didnt dry hop the last ingredient, but thats because I dont know how to dry hop. I also am not sure how much CO2 it should have taken to properly carbonate five gallons, but it took more than half of my five pound tank. Is that normal? Thanks for any help you can give me.

:rockin:
Beach

Welcome! I'm also from Indianapolis.

Sorry, I don't have a kegging setup so I can't really give you any advice on that one. Did you get the Brew-B-Q kit at Great Fermentations? I remember they had samples of it on tap a few weeks ago and it was pretty tasty.

Welcome!

Can you describe your process in more detail. How long did you ferment? What temperature? Why did you need a converted kegerator to keg the beer? How did you carbonate? We would love to help, but we need more details.

Welcome! I'm also from Indianapolis.

Did you get the Brew-B-Q kit at Great Fermentations? I remember they had samples of it on tap a few weeks ago and it was pretty tasty.

Bingo!!! yes, that is my go-to place! In fact that is why I brewed this batch. I thought it was really good!

Welcome!

Can you describe your process in more detail. How long did you ferment? What temperature? Why did you need a converted kegerator to keg the beer? How did you carbonate? We would love to help, but we need more details.

It fermented for 27 days, it was around 65 to 70. I only mentioned the kegerator because I made it out of a regular fridge and I was very proud of it.
I pressurized the keg to 30psi at 29 degrees. and shook it every hour for about 6 hours, then released the pressure back to 12psi and served. it was still really good. I just didnt think it would take 2 1/2 lbs!

there is a problem. that 5lb keg should last for 5-8 kegs. did you wrap teflon tape around the connection before you screwed the keg on?

no I didnt, but I didnt on the last five bud light kegs I had either. then I refilled the cylinder and carbonated this one 5 gal keg and now I am in the red again!

Back