Greetings from Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgates36

Reaction score
I just started my first brew today and I can't wait to try it out. I got interested in home brew from reading Charlie Papazian's Microbrewed Adventures. I moved to Florida this year and have found that there isn't a great beer selection where I'm located so I figured why not brew my own. Hopefully with some practice, trial and error, and good research it won't take too long to make some good beer.

Welcome to HBT! :mug:
Do you also have Papazian's The New Complete Joy Of Home Brewing?
I highly recommend it to new brewers. It is the book that hooked me on home brewing.

Thanks for the advice, I've heard great things about this book and I plan on ordering from amazon real soon. Are there any other books that are must reads or really good suggestions to have on the shelf?

There are tons of great books, John Palmer has his first edition of How to Brew on line for free; check it out. His latest edition is definitely worth adding to your library. Something that I tell new brewers is to taste your beer at different points along its development. Take 15 milliliters or 1 TBsp. out during the boil and let it cool, take some more after the final hop addition and before the wort cooling, take another sample after primary fermentation if you rack to a secondary and then always hide a couple of bottles and taste them about 3-4 months later. Take notes and you'll learn how different flavours develop over time. Welcome to HB.
Jeffrey

Runhard- thanks for the tasting tip. I'll definietely try this. I have to admit I was extremely curious after the boil yesterday to take a sip, knowing it wasn't beer yet but wanting to see what it was. I've already started a notebook - I'll keep the info in there.

Latest posts

Back