Greetings from Dayton, Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cinredman

Reaction score
Started brewing just over one year ago. Local brew supplier is Dan Listermann

Doing concentrated brews right now and spent a year dealing with bottles. Recently upgraded to corny kegs and began conversion of beautiful avocado fridge.

I try to keep a journal running of my adventures via a simple blog site

Ordered set of Perlick 525 SS faucets today from http://www.kegconnection.com

Next boil is the Listermann Gomez stout

Oh yea, name is Chris, but "cinredman" is due to my dedication to the Cincinnati Reds

Hey Chris...

Go to see you on this site. I myself grew up in Dayton but now live in Cedar Rapids Iowa. Still a very loyal Cinn Reds fan even though this will be their (8th?) losing season in a row. One constant for the team though is the superb broadcast of Marty on the Big1 700 WLW. Does WHIO carry the radio broadcast anymore?

Mick

Mick,
Been since 1990 that they really accomplished something worth writing about. I made it to game #1 of the fall classic agains the A's; what a blast. WHIO doesn't carry the games, but that is OK as WLW is like a local station. Marty still calling them and I've finally adjusted to Joe being gone; very hard to accept not hearing his voice anymore.

Of course, living in Dayton, OH provides additional fun now that we have the Reds single A farm team; the Dayton Dragons.

I've held seats since game 1/year 1 and it is a blast. Plus, seeing guys like Adam Dunn, Austin Kearns, Homer, etc. come up through the ranks is a blast too.

Glad to hear of another Dayton OH brewer. Seems to be a lot of them these days. Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, been a big reds fan all my life. It has been tough hasn't it! Maybe we can get some satisfaction from the Bengals this season...tomorrow should be a good indication.

Glad to hear of another Dayton OH brewer. Seems to be a lot of them these days. Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, been a big reds fan all my life. It has been tough hasn't it! Maybe we can get some satisfaction from the Bengals this season...tomorrow should be a good indication.

I'm pointing my friends to HBT as about 1/2 dozen are now brewing too. I'm also morning the loss of Hal McCoy covering the Reds; DDN is now worthless to me each and every day.

Back