Greetings From Colorado

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarrman00

Reaction score
Hey guys,
My name is Jarret and I have been looking over this forum for the last year or so. I recently started all grain batches and figured it is time to start getting involved at homebrewtalk. Its a great forum and I am excited to join the community.

Welcome! seeing as your from boulder, do you ever go over the Hop to it?? i am from the south side of loveland and i have been going to Hops and Berries in fort collins, just seeing if its worth to drive down to boulder vs fort collins....

Thanks for the welcome. I have been to Hop To It, although I only recently discovered them. I had been going to Beer At Home down in Westminster. Before that Whats Brewin was great, but unfortunately they are gone now. Hop To It is smaller, but they have a good selection. I would say that it is worth checking out, but then again I have never been up to Hops and Berries. I have been meaning to get up there to try that store. You think its worth it?

Hops and berries is a great little shop, very knowledable. It is a pretty small shop, but it's the only one I have been to so I thinks it's worth it.

Welcome, I'm down in the Springs and the only two LHBS down here are way over priced. I usually make a trip up to Aurora every few weeks and hit up TheBrewHut. I met up with them 10+ years ago when I was living in Brighton. I haven't been to the shops you mentioned so I can't really compair. I once hit a shop in Boulder but it was small and seemed very dirty to me so never went back. In fact I don't even recall the name anymore.

I have always wanted to go down to The Brew Hut. It looks like they have great prices and a good selection. I'll have to make a trip down there to stock up next weekend.

Grimtas, Have you tried Colorado Malting Company? I used their malt in my last batch and I really liked it. I tried to meet up with their distributor in Colorado Springs yesterday when I was driving back from Pueblo, but I came in a bit early and missed him. It may be worth checking out if you live in the springs.

Welcome Aboard!

Here's another plug for Colorado Malting. I've been very happy with their product.

I have always wanted to go down to The Brew Hut. It looks like they have great prices and a good selection. I'll have to make a trip down there to stock up next weekend.

Grimtas, Have you tried Colorado Malting Company? I used their malt in my last batch and I really liked it. I tried to meet up with their distributor in Colorado Springs yesterday when I was driving back from Pueblo, but I came in a bit early and missed him. It may be worth checking out if you live in the springs.

Hadn't come across them. I'll have to look into it. I currently get my 2-row Rahr from TheBrewHut for $45/50 lbs. I'll send Colorado Malting Company an email to get a price list. Alamoso is a longer drive then Denver ;)

I'll be making a trip to the Hut on Saturday around 11. Need to pick up the grain for my next 4 brews.

Back