Greetings from Belleville IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwitt

Reaction score
First, I'd like to say what a great resource this site is! I've been reading my butt off over the past few weeks and I'm sure the quality of the stuff in my carboys will reflect that. (Actually it's pretty tasty green)!

Anyway, friends and I had been discussing brewing for years. Recently, the discussion resurfaced, and I spec'd out a deluxe brewing operation and decided that to do things halfway would be unacceptable. Of course, we didn't have enough money for a 10g tiered system with a march pump, so I shed a tear in my beer.

Then in April a buddy got me into mead making with a $30 gallon jug of honey. I did some research and threw together a good mead recipe. Again, beer entered the argument. So a couple weeks later, having already sourced basic equipment for mead, we went to the local brew shop (3 blocks from my workplace), picked up a nice glass carboy for a primary, and whipped up an extract batch with a couple pounds of steeped/mashed grain.

The other day I came across a little extra cash and scored a big ol' heavy duty pot and parts for a wort chiller. Next comes a beverage cooler MLT.

My other hobbies, past and present, include smoked meats, pyrotechnics, electric guitar wiring, running networks of vintage infantry radios at reenactment type events, black&white darkroom work, and long romantic walks on the beach during which I endlessly talk about things like chlorine donors for colored flames or ester production during fermentation.

Anyway, I better go flesh out my profile. Thanks all for the awesome resource!

Prosit! :mug:

Latest posts

Back