Greetings and a Question from a Newb near Cleveland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickPF85

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is nick I live halfway between Cleveland and Akron Ohio. I am currently on my third beer attempt. The first I dont think should really count because it was from a cheap knock off of a Mr. Beer kit that turned out horrible, but at the same time, a fun experience. The second attempt was a much better red ale from a kit from my local homebrew store. And right now my brother and I are fermenting a five gallon batch of sweet stout. I would greatly apriciate any and all possible recomendations, tips, advice etc.

I was playing around with the idea of priming this stout with Kahlua, any thoughts??

Welcome Nick!

Check out some of the sticky's at the top of each forum plenty of good suggestions there. Additionally How to Brew - By John Palmer is chalked full of good advice. The search function can be your friend too, almost any subject has been discussed on this forum at some level.

You will have better results posting questions in the forums that they pertain to.

I would say the best advice to give a new brewer is to practice good sanitation, and patience, patience, patience.

Cheers!!! :mug:
Chris

"I was playing around with the idea of priming this stout with Kahlua, any thoughts??"

Never done it so I can't help you there. The general consensus is that brewers should learn the basics before experimenting. The reason being that with some experience you could identify what went wrong (or right) with a beer.

That said that I still have some Raspberry Kolsch from my 3rd batch (or so) that is god awful.

Back