GreenwoodRover donations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is quite possibly the coolest gesture of kindness via a bunch of pseudo-strangers I've ever seen!

Keith, when is the donation period going to end? Perhaps edit the date into the OP.

Done. But, eh, now the dollar amount is odd, so someone'll have to fix that.

[Edit: heh...and some kind soul has made the cents amount odd again too, seconds after I 'fixed' it. ;) Nice work!]

Bah, looks like I missed making it even by seconds! Time for someone else to give it a go

1706.gif

I made it uneven, but it was literally all I was able to give... :eek:

The longer it stays uneven, the more people will try to fix it. :)

Woot,

$609.88

Lets keep it going,

I wish I had more to give,

Kevin was very supportive of the WHMBP and a wonderful asset to HBT.
His playful banter will be very missed

-Jason

I've never brewed an ESB but would be honored to do so in memory of a fellow HBT commrade. It's crazy to think that he was about the same age as me. Such a terrible and tragic loss for everyone that he knew.

PayPal question. Are there any fees involved with our donations?

It would be nice to hit this again as mood and money change,
but would hate to be making PayPal fatter.:mad:

I am not sure if PayPal charges a fee or not. I would suspect yes but, if they provide a service then why is that bad?

$625.00 in a single day. WooT!

What a great place this is.

PayPal question. Are there any fees involved with our donations?

It would be nice to hit this again as mood and money change,
but would hate to be making PayPal fatter.:mad:

I'm not sure what the fees are. I do know it's cheap though. I could be wrong, but I think it's on a percentage basis, so several small donations would be fine. (Don't quote me on this though!!)

The fee (for a business account) for a $0.01-to-$3000.00 payment is 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction. It's not really enough to worry about, IMO.

The obit posted by Laura specifically asks that, instead of flowers, donations be made to an educational trust for his boys.

In lieu of flowers, donations for his son's education to the Kevin Dennis Memorial Trust, 7655 W. Dempster, Niles, IL 60714 preferred.

The obit posted by Laura specifically asks that, instead of flowers, donations be made to an educational trust for his boys.

In lieu of flowers, donations for his son's education to the Kevin Dennis Memorial Trust, 7655 W. Dempster, Niles, IL 60714 preferred.

Boy is she going to be pleasantly surprised.

:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

*Chokes up*

Kevin John Dennis

Kevin John Dennis, age 31, beloved husband and best friend of Laura, nee Tully; best Daddy of Jack (age 3 1/2) and Quinn (age 1 1/2); loving son of George and

Hannah; dear brother of Colleen (Tom)

Galateo and Mike (Jamie); uncle of Nora and Clare; son-in-law of Edward and Carol Tully; brother-in-law of Dan Tully; dear grandson, nephew, cousin, friend and neighbor. Member of Fr. Perez Council #1444, K.of C.; founding member of Greenwood Rovers. Visitation Wednesday 3 to 9 p.m. at Nelson Funeral Home, 820 Talcott Rd. (at Cumberland), Park Ridge. Funeral Thursday 9:15 a.m. from the funeral home to Immaculate Conception Church, 7211 W. Talcott Ave., Chicago. Mass 10 a.m. Interment private. In lieu of flowers, donations for his son's education to the Kevin Dennis Memorial Trust, 7655 W. Dempster, Niles, IL 60714 preferred. Info: 847-823-5122 or Nelson Funeral Homes

God, he was only 31.

Compels me to get my cholesterol checked. Not that this is the result of heart failure but Laura description reeks of it.

My lineage has a history of heart failure and this makes me think of my children.

Compels me to get my cholesterol checked. Not that this is the result of heart failure but Laura description reeks of it.

My lineage has a history of heart failure and this makes me think of my children.
That and the insurance company to make sure Life coverage is enough to take care of money worries.....

$710 at the moment. I think we are doing well.

I made a contribution while sober. Tonight I will work on getting drunk enough to make a better one. (All in his honour, of course) ;)

*Chokes up*

God, he was only 31.

I re-read that and I guess didn't notice the age of the children at first. I was thinking 6 and 9, not that that would be any better. but 3 and 1, that hits close. My niece is 3 and my boy is 1. This is sad for his children his wife and for him missing out on their entire lives. Scary that it can all be taken away so fast.

I had to contribute. It just says something when you read about a complete stranger dying and a bunch of people that for the majority never met that person are touched and compelled to help the family left behind. Just one more of the many ways that this group of strangers is really like a family in itself. I am proud to be a member of this family, and our lost brother will certainly be missed. This place never ceases to surprise me.

This is quite possibly the coolest gesture of kindness via a bunch of pseudo-strangers I've ever seen!

Keith, when is the donation period going to end? Perhaps edit the date into the OP.

How about next Friday (21st) ... That seem reasonable?

Bump to the top for the afternoon crowd.

We always talk about what a close knit community HBT is... let's walk the walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back