Green tea, simulare to tradeWinds?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redpappy

Reaction score
Not sure where to post, so feel free to move it.

I am trying to replicate the Tradewinds green tea. Long story short, wife only drinks tradewinds green tea. And since Nestle has sold sold tradewinds it is not available. So far with what I have tried it is to bitter. She has not truely tried my last batch:
Step Lipton green tea bags for 5 min, starting temp at 170F. Added 5 TBSP of local honey at 170F. I had her taste it before chilled and she says to bitter. Any suggestions? I know tradewinds uses sugar, not sure if that helps with combatting the bitter or not. Any suggestions. I have taken notes from when I started, if I need to provide please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Redpappy, Tradewinds uses more honey than sugar. There is a tiny bit of citric acid, in it as well. Try using more bags of tea, but steep for 1 to 3 minutes. Any longer than that, will cause it to turn bitter. Have you had any success?

Last edited:
No success. Wife gave up trying my tea, and went back to making black tea with lots of sugar.

Latest posts

Back