GREAT service from chuggerpumps!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmayhugh

Turgid Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was working on installing my pumps on Barney last sunday. I have two chuggerpumps and a march, all retrofitted with chuggerpumps' center-inlet 3/4" NPT SS heads, which are outfitted with 1" Tri-clamp adapters.

While testing the pumps and hoses, one of the chuggerpumps started leaking from the rear housing. Thinking it may have been a mis-aligned o-ring, I disassembled the pump head, put everything back together and tried again.

No Luck. No matter how I positioned the o-ring or rear housing, it leaked. Finally I took apart one of my old 1/2" NPT housings, and used it.

Fixed it.

Since I wanted to keep the old housings in case of a problem, I decided to write to shoot chugger pumps an e-mail outlining the problem. This was late Sunday.

Less than 20 minutes later, I get a reply from Mike, offering to send me a new rear housing. :D I thanked him for his prompt attention to the matter.

Fast forward to today...

Not only did Mike send me TWO rear housings AND two silicon o-rings, he send me a complete new 3/4" center inlet pump head!!! :rockin:

Many Thanks, Mike, and you will definitely be on my "must buy" list. :mug:

Bumping this to say I also received great service. I'm being sent a new pump after sending mike a video of how mine doesn't work and he even replied to my email around 9 or 10pm his time. I'm amazed a company like this stil exists and I'm super impressed he didn't hesitate to just send a replacement. No "where is your receipt" or "its out of warranty regardless of number of uses" like some companies.

Yeah I'm super excited. I still need to order a bag from you for my step fathers cooler. It's a 60 at square but has a weird triangle shaped bottom on the inside that I'd need to measure.

Back