Great place to buy plastic conical inversion tanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsterk

Reaction score
My brew partner and I are building a 1 barrel electric setup. We wanted to get our hands on some plastic conical inversion tanks for fermenters. We needed something that was going to be at least 35 gal. We were able to find plenty of places online that would sell what we were looking for, we even found some places with some pretty decent prices. The biggest problem was all these places wanted more money to ship the damn things than they wanted for the tanks themselves, usually somewhere around $175 (crazy.) Although my brew partner had pretty much succumbed to taking it up the *** on shipping, I refused to pay that much to ship something that didn't cost that much in the first place.

So my search began. I started looking everywhere online I could find amazon, manufacturers, retailers, craigslist. I always seemed to find something that looked promising but then didn't end well.

Craigslist - Found someone who had hundreds of tanks in supply but only had 30 and 60 gallon inductors, they weren't full drain either. They said the could order them but same issue on shipping prices.

ThomasNet (really good resource) - you can look up suppliers in your area, hoping we could find one close and just pick it up. Only place we found was the same place as we found on Craigslist.
I suggest you take a look at this site as you might find something local, just search by tank or inductor tank, the results start to pop up so maybe try a couple different search terms.
http://www.thomasnet.com/suppliers/

Manufactures - Mostly seemed out in the mid-west and were in Denver

At this point I was beginning to think "Well, looks like we just gonna have to get screwed on shipping charges..."

But then... I found an online site out of nowhere that delivers the tanks we needed via UPS! I couldn't freaking believe it.

The prices are very reasonable. We ended up getting 2 x 35 gallon inductor tanks that came with legs so we wouldn't have to build a stand for $127 a piece. Granted the ones with the legs were more to ship because the legs are the heaviest piece, $45 to ship per tank, but at $127 we felt it was worth it. If we would have just gone with a 40 gallon tank without the legs, i think the shipping was like $25 per tank and the tank was $105. They have tanks up to 110 gallons and down to 15 gallons with many tank sizes in between. They also sell stands, but I felt those were over priced especially since we were able to go with the model with legs, which they also have in 60 gallon.

http://www.spraysmarter.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=inductor+tank

Anyway, I figured there is probably others out there with the same issue and I could save you some time and $$$ by posting this out there. If you have any questions let me know

Cheers!

Thanks for the post. I searched for hours until I thought "why don't I just check HBT?"

Latest posts

Back