Great deal for temp control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats what it says... not sure what a person would use it for unless they only need to keep fermenters warm or something.. likely why its on sale.

So I may have inadvertently ordered this instead of the controller that I had originally meant to (308). Anyone have one of the 306T? I know its heat only, but I'm hoping I can still attach it to a heat source and ferment in a cold room? The controller will still kick in at a set low temperature, and kick off at a set high, and repeat as its active?

Or is it completely based on timers? Kick on for an hour at 10pm, kick on again for an hour at 2am, etc etc?

It's the first one: the controller only knows how to respond to temperatures below the set point; hence it can never be used for anything other than controlling a heat source.

It will kick in at Set Point - Differential, and kick out at Set Point...

Cheers!

Excellent. The talk of timers on the info kinda threw me for a loop, I assumed I’d was the same as the heat/cool, only without the cooling. But my basement should supply more than enough cooling.

Thanks for the response!

Back