Great American Beer Fest Sold Out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip82

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe that GABF is already sold out, tickets didn't even make it 2 weeks. I hope you got your tickets if you wanted to go.

I probably spent way more than I needed to....I think it will be fun though! I'm going to Thurs, Fri, and Saturday 12-4 sessions. I've got to start training....

I though about volunteering but you have to be 25 to do it. But the Sat Evening session will be a blast! I am heading down with 7 buddies.

After having just got back from NHC, and GABF being so close in time to a couple other local beer festivals, I just didn't have it in me to go to Colorado and drink beer.

Going to both Saturday sessions, wanted to do more, but buddies all backed out and seemed like it would be too easy to get in trouble by myself with that much beer around :)

GABF sucks! Really have you been! Are you sure you like beer?what were waiting in line for 30 minutes for. The only thing ive ever waited for was the Utopias release but every beer geek there is waiting for it. Next year save yourself $60 and just volunteer it's a cake walk, way more fun plus the volunteers bathroom only makes it worth it

Yep. I've been both with the brewery and by myself (with a couple friends actually). Last year we went with the brewery and it was 20 times better being behind the scenes, sampling beers without lines. You can't tell me you enjoy waiting in line for half an hour.

Edit: Maybe 30 minutes is a bit of an exaggeration but the DFH lines were hellacious as were a few others. I hate lines but if you don't mind waiting, then more power to you. Also, you live in Broomfield so no traveling is involved. It's a lot tougher coming from 500 miles away. I'd be more stoked about it if I lived 20 minutes out...

GABF sucks! Really have you been! Are you sure you like beer?what were waiting in line for 30 minutes for. The only thing ive ever waited for was the Utopias release but every beer geek there is waiting for it. Next year save yourself $60 and just volunteer it's a cake walk, way more fun plus the volunteers bathroom only makes it worth it

I dont know what the nae-sayer is talking about, I have been twice in past years and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I just filled out the volunteer application so I can be in the system for next year. I would have volunteered this year but only those who have done so before are being accepted for this year

I'm unable to go this year, but have gone the last few. One thing that really annoyed me last year was the members session on sat. Nearly half the beers were out by saturday, pretty disappointing. Thurs is the best session IMO....especially with the members only line.

Never been...and I have relatives in the area, which would make it an easy trip. But the more I read about it, the less I have any desire to go....except for the member's day. And the previous post basically indicates I shouldn't bother with that, since a lot of the beer is tapped out.

I'm going for the first time this year. Me and 6 other fellow HBers are RV'ing it from Oklahoma. Should be a good time. We are also spending a day in Ft Collins, renting bikes, and hitting up all the big and small breweries alike. We will be at GABF Friday and the members only sesh on Saturday.

I've been to two similar functions. The main problem I've seen is that the organizers always under-predict the crowds and then over-sell the tickets. Both times I've been, the crowds were huge and the brewers ran out of beer halfway through the event.

It's still fun but they've got to get the logistics under control.

Headed there for the first time. Super stoked! Also have tickets to the Pints for Prostates Rare beer tasting. Hopefully I'll get to taste my pro-am beer on the festival floor :)

My first time was last year. A tip for the saturday night session is to get there about 2 hours early. I had a awesome time last year and I plan on it again this year.

Last year was my first as well. I went on Saturday night and my only complaint was that a lot of the breweries were out of their flagship beers. Other than that, it was awesome! The only line I saw that was more than about 2 minutes was for the PBR area. And that was because they were handing out free shirts and hats. I was amazed at how many people were in that place and yet you could walk up to 99% of the tables and get a sample in seconds. Everyone was jovial and there were some great costumes.

Here's a tip for those going for the first time. If you can tolerate cigarette smoke, the smoking area was chock full of porta-johns. There was no waiting in line once you walked through the cloud. I wasn't about to spend half my beer-drinking time standing in line for a urinal so I dealt with the smoke.

It's also an incredible sight to see 10,000 drunks come stumbling out of that place at 2 in the afternoon. :D

I remember the PBR was giving away alot of swag that saturday evening. Another booth with a light that night was the Dogfish Head. The line to get a picture with Sam was just as long as the beer line.

Back