Gravel Bottom Blissome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I encountered a beer at Legs Inn in northwest lower Michigan last night called Blissome by Gravel Bottom Brewery based in Ada Michigan (Grand Rapids area) it is a maple wheat. I'm sure the maple syrup is added after ferment. I thought it was awesome. Wondering if anyone has heard of it/tasted it/ or have any thoughts on cloning it.

IMO Maple is tough to get from syrup. I've tried and didn't get any recognizable maple flavor, and I used a lot of dark maple syrup. I even tried extract, but that just seemed to ruin the flavor. YMMV.

Gravel Bottom is a small brewery slash supply shop in SE Grand Rapids. I've stopped there for supplies and had a flight of their beers and ordered a pizza in (They don't sell food, but several good places nearby will deliver.) The beers I had were well done, and I tried a wide selection. They were talking about getting into water treatment, so they are serious about learning how to do even better. The place seemed pretty popular when I was there.

I haven't tried that particular beer yet, but I will be keeping my eyes open for it. I didn't know they were kegging for bars.

Back