grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome!!! I'm not exactly sure what your question is though. Are you not liking the price of malted grains? Or beer kits?

Do you already brew, wire? What's your setup?

yes i brew, started with extract and did not like tast, so now i'm useing all grains and mashing and putting in keg. i have bought all my stuff cheap, co 2 tank from scrap yard, carboys from craigslst. im having fun making beer but kinda still use to commerical tast. i'm looking to buy grains cheaper.

Midwest grain prices are pretty good I think. They must have a shipping deal going or something though. I got enough for two batches,& a couple other needs for about 64 bucks. Bu that included some 6lbs of DME's for my pm brews. Anyway,I wound up getting free shipping,Fed-Ex home delivery to boot. Still waiting on the e-mail shipping #'s. Winter storm musta slowed'em down?...

If you get a mill you can buy grains in bulk and store them whole for months. This is usually the most economic option if you don't change base grains often.

Back