Grain Substitute

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nianticcardplayer

Homebrewing Since 2009
Reaction score
Hello all;

I am getting ready for another brew day and I was going through one of my more recent Brew Your Own magazines and came across the homebrew recipe for The Alchemist Heady Topper and in the grain bill it calls for 15 pounds of British Pale Ale Malt....I have looked high and low for british pale ale malt on my normal sites with no joy....is there a suitable replacement for the malt ? Or I am reading to much into the recipe and should I just use 2-row?

Thanks in advance.

Canada Malting Company makes a pale ale malt. I think pale ale malt gives a little something extra. Of course I need to do the same beer with 2-row and pale ale malt to taste them side by side.

Hello all;

I am getting ready for another brew day and I was going through one of my more recent Brew Your Own magazines and came across the homebrew recipe for The Alchemist Heady Topper and in the grain bill it calls for 15 pounds of British Pale Ale Malt....I have looked high and low for british pale ale malt on my normal sites with no joy....is there a suitable replacement for the malt ? Or I am reading to much into the recipe and should I just use 2-row?

Thanks in advance.

Pearl malt...it's what the real heady uses...it's a british barley

Latest posts

Back