Grain Storage Bins at Target

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice9

Reaction score
I just picked these up at Target. They were on sale for $17 each.
They are meant for 25lbs of dog food but each one holds about ~35lbs of grain. they have a locking lid with a foam rubber seal. They also have wheels on the bottom. They had a smaller 10lb version for around $8 and online they have a 50lb version available.

CRW_8070.jpg

You can get similar 50# containers at walmart for $17.88 (atleast you could last year, not sure if they still sell them):

IMG_8560.JPG

I don't have room for wheels...as I have to stack totes 4 high...
These 18 gal totes were $9 at OSH and hold 70 lbs...200lbs in a stack...
OSH is a Cali hardware store..There is no sales tax there this weekend...
100_3369.jpg

I don't know if those seals look good enough to me. I much prefer the vittle vault type bin.

I'm going to buy a Vittle Vault II for more storage, buy they have been out of stock as US plastic and I don't know when they will be in stock again.

Nice find!

$5.00 totes at home depot / lowes and some self stick weather stripping and you would have a similar setup minus the wheels.

I use homer buckets as they are easier to "tote" around.

FWIW... Your local bakery (Walmart in my case) will sell or give you their 5 gallon size frosting buckets. I pay $1 each. They usually have lids with seals and they stack well. They smell like frosting when you first get them but a run through the dishwasher and a little air time and the sweet smell from the frosting is gone. A shot of Star San and you're set. I have about 30 of them... BTW. Get one of those bucket openers for a couple bucks.

Back