Got my brewery name and logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennychico11

Reaction score
Okay, so I popped open my first beer last night. And fittingly I decided that day on a name and logo: Red Lab Brewery
I haven't made any labels up for this first batch...but since it's not really my recipe and just the recipe that came with the kit, I can't really consider it "my beer." It's John Bull's beer. But for my next batch I plan on using a Bavarian Wheat kit and making a modification or two. Then the more I brew, the more I will perfect the recipe. So for my first serious brew, I've made the label below.

For all my beers I plan on keeping the top half the same and just changing the picture/name for each beer. And each beer will have a dog related theme. For example, Sunnydock I got from when I went to watch dock diving dogs. And since Wheat's are more golden in color...I added the word Sunny.
I plan on writing some things on the side of the label about each brew....but I gotta think of something creative first. For now it's blank.

Let me know what you think!

Honestly I like it. Can't think of much of anything I would change. The brewing note at the top is great.

That looks nice.

I think it's fine, but you could stand to bump up the size of
your circular logo, and make the "red" and "lab" text much
larger to really punch the name of the brewery and offset
it from the other proportions.

That looks nice.

I think it's fine, but you could stand to bump up the size of
your circular logo, and make the "red" and "lab" text much
larger to really punch the name of the brewery and offset
it from the other proportions.

Thanks for the suggestion...I'll mess around with that.
I may just need to start bottling in larger bottles so I can get everything I want on there to fit!!!

I think you've got PLENTY of room to play around with
on that label. You have every entity on the label in it's
own space.

I wouldn't be afraid to try overlapping some of the text
with the image. I just would leave the circular logo without
anything intersecting it.

It's kind of it's own thing.

Text, images, etc are all subject to interaction.

okay, I made the logo and the text bigger. I also moved the dock image a little lower. I think I like it better. I'll have to print it out and try it on a beer. I already tested the first version of the logo and it looks great on a bottle. I might have to make up a graphic for the neck too.
I also highlighted the N's because that's where the RED idea comes from...I'm a Husker fan ;)

honestly, I preferred the old label over this one. the N cornhuskers logo is clever, but it detracts from the simplicity of the rest of the label.

my only other comment would be on either side of the dock picture, think about putting some wording or something like that about the brewery/beer? just a suggestion cuz imho its a little bit of dead space.

honestly, I preferred the old label over this one. the N cornhuskers logo is clever, but it detracts from the simplicity of the rest of the label.

my only other comment would be on either side of the dock picture, think about putting some wording or something like that about the brewery/beer? just a suggestion cuz imho its a little bit of dead space.

okay, yeah I might nix the red N's. It was just an idea I was playing around with.
I do plan on using the space next to the picture for info on each brew. Again, I just need to come up with something creative.
Thanks for the suggestions

Back