Got a bad 12 pack - what should I do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIT_Warrior

Reaction score
So I bought a mixer 12 pack of Ipswich today...and it wasn't good. I've opened 3 beers, and every one of them has had a terrible aftertaste. I want to say a cross between "cooked corn" and "sulphur", but I'm not entirely sure.

I bought the same 12 pack last week which was great, so I'm not sure what was going on. So what should I do?

1. Take the rest of the beers back to the store?
2. Inform Ipswich about the bad batch?
3. Just accept that these things happen?

I've never really had a bad commercial beer before, but these ones have definitely gone bad. Actually it tastes very similar to an absolutely putrid batch of homebrew I made a few months ago, still don't know what happened to that one.

You should take the beer back to the store and they might give you some money back or another 12 pack. I would also inform the brewery.

I would email the brewery. I did this with victory a year or so ago with a 6er of old horizontal i bought that was over carbonated. They shipped me out 6 more!

go with #1 and 2. Most places wanna hear if they have a problem with their brews so they can correct it. You will probably get thanked in the end...

Alright, I just sent an email to Ipswich. I'll let everyone know how they respond. I also talked to a co-worker who used to work in a liquor store, and he said to take the rest of the 12er back, and that I should be able to exchange it at the liquor store for a new one.

Back