Goshdarn toothpaste!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazytwoknobs

Reaction score
Went out for a night on the town last night and really only tasted about four pints of toothpaste. Bells Octoberpaste, Lagunitas IPAste, Coorlgate....

Anyone have a good way to get rid of the toothpaste taste quickly so I can avoid this next time? Should I just not brush my teeth? :cross::cross:

Try using a toothpaste that doesn't use artificial sweeteners. I use Tom's of Maine and the "toothpaste taste" is not sickly sweet and doesn't affect tasting other things normally.

-Steve

What are you doing, brushing between pints? Next time just eat something before drinking. Or you could add some hops to baking soda and brush your teeth with that. :cross:

I use Tom's of Maine and the "toothpaste taste" is not sickly sweet and doesn't affect tasting other things normally.

-Steve

Reminded me of the episode of South Park with the natural products store...

Sharon: Oh hi, Stanley. Look, I'm buying you some more all-natural toothpaste.

Stan: You mean the stuff that tastes like ass and doesn't fight cavities?

Sharon: That's right.

:D

+1 on Tom's of Maine.

I haven't used others, but a friend gave me a tube of Mango toothpaste from them because they're allergic, and I no longer worry about the stuff I eat or drink tasting nasty right after brushing my teeth. When this tube finally runs out, I'm getting another Tom's of Maine product just because of that feature.

And yes, it does clean my teeth.

It's the same thing whenever I have chewing gum before going out. Maybe my tongue is just messed up.

Just put a little Arm & Hammer on your toothbrush and scrub with that. It's basically the same thing minus flavorings and coloring.

Back