Goose island festivity ale clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alcholfurbrains

Reaction score
Does anyone have a clone recipe for goose island's festivity ale? Just tried it on tap at the local bar n grill and had two tall ones with dinner a very good winter brew!

Not a clone, but based on Goose Island's description and the Beer Advocate reviews, this should get you in the ballpark.

Batch size 5 gal.
Boil volume 7 gal.
Mash 1.6 qts./lb. at 152 degF for 1 hour

Fermentables
Pale ale malt 7.5 lbs.
Munich malt 3.5 lbs.
C60L 12 oz.
C120L 12 oz.
Turbinado sugar 8 oz.

Hops
Pilgrim, 1 oz. for 35 min.
UK Goldings, 1 oz. for 20 min.
UK Goldings, 1 oz. for 10 min.

Yeast US-05

SG 1071
FG 1013
ABV 7.7%
IBU 51
SRM 19

Did this clone work? I've got it in the primary now but would appreciate any advice on how to finish it. Went in on Sunday and is still bubbling occasionally on Friday morning.

I was inspired to try a similar beer last year. My recipe was similar to the one posted above. Malt bill was nearly identical except I added 8 oz. aromatic and 6 oz. special B and 1.5 lbs of sugar. For bittering hops I used Magnum and CTZ. Finished with EKG. I used Wyeast 1332 Northwest Ale yeast which worked really well with this style. Turned out great very similar to Festivity.

Back