GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
probably be able to watch the 1st 2 episodes during the free trial... otherwise, don't think I'm willing to shell out $6 a month for just that show and that's WITH commercials. $10 for ad-free

probably be able to watch the 1st 2 episodes during the free trial... otherwise, don't think I'm willing to shell out $6 a month for just that show and that's WITH commercials. $10 for ad-free

Exactly. I'm hoping this campaign fails spectacularly and they realize they can't charge Netflix prices for CBS programming and we can go back to the way it used to be - free.

BTW, just finished The Tick on Prime. Who calls 6 episodes a Season??!??!

I thought it was funny, but my daughter only lasted 3 episodes and I think she only watched 2 & 3 to humor me...

I ended up downloading ST:Discovery. I can sign up for CBS but they air it a day late I think.

In any case, watched my daughter and I watched the first two episodes. It was pretty good even though I messed up and we watched them out of order. Had trouble getting Klingon to Subtitle, but got it figured out. After watching the first episode, I went to get the second and found out I downloaded 2 second episodes, so we had to watch the first one second. I thought it felt like they just kind of dropped us into the action without any character buildup!

Pretty sure JJ Abrams directed judging by all of the lens flares.

I ended up downloading ST:Discovery. I can sign up for CBS but they air it a day late I think.

In any case, watched my daughter and I watched the first two episodes. It was pretty good even though I messed up and we watched them out of order. Had trouble getting Klingon to Subtitle, but got it figured out. After watching the first episode, I went to get the second and found out I downloaded 2 second episodes, so we had to watch the first one second. I thought it felt like they just kind of dropped us into the action without any character buildup!

Pretty sure JJ Abrams directed judging by all of the lens flares.

I'm hearing a lot of negative comments about STD (they didn't think that name through). Also that many ST fans are flocking to the ST spoof, Orville.

Just a bit of self promotion, but "Real Rob" Season 2 with Rob Schneider is now airing. I mixed the audio for the show. It has some good jokes and good actor cameos.

Do not watch season 1, I didn't work on it and it really is not funny.

Just a bit of self promotion, but "Real Rob" Season 2 with Rob Schneider is now airing. I mixed the audio for the show. It has some good jokes and good actor cameos.

Do not watch season 1, I didn't work on it and it really is not funny.

Probably won't watch just because of Rob Schneider, but good on ya for the work you did on the show.

Did anyone watch "The Killing on Netflix? How was it?

What about "Quantico"?

I liked The Killing, though it was a little slow. It took 2 seasons to solve the murder.

Loved the 2 main characters & the 3rd & 4th seasons were really good

For the first season try and convince yourself you're watching season 1 of Twin Peaks

If you haven't already give Big Mouth a watch. It is overly the top inappropriate and its hilarious.

Kid and I started watching Geeks and Freaks last night. Never saw it when it first came out, and thought I'd check it out. Some very recognizable actors in it.

We had planned on catching up with Star Trek: Discovery, but all be darned if I could find it streaming on anything except CBS All Access, and I'll be darned if I'm paying for that when I'm already paying for all of the other channels and have CBS on Dish.

Anyway, my downloads were problematic and by the time I got the next episode downloaded it was too late for ST. I did take the time to set up the closed captions for Klingon before going to bed, so it's ready next time.

Started Season 2 of Stranger Things today. It took me about a minute to separate Season 1 from Super 8, which was a really weird sensation. I hadn't realized how much my brain interwove the two.

Anyway... Season 2 is off to a kind of slow start but it set a solid foundation and looks pretty promising.

Stranger Things S2 was pretty good. But they could have totally eliminated episode 7. I just wanted them to get over this little side trip and get on with the main story.

And I just finished Mindhunter. As a fan of Criminal Minds I really liked it.

Ok i was just wondering if the third season of narcos was good because the second seems to wrap up pretty much the whole story.

Unlike many series that can't resist ending on 2 or 3 giant cliffhangers. .. Especially painful on Netflix (and I don't have tv or pirated shows).

Stranger Things S2 was pretty good. But they could have totally eliminated episode 7. I just wanted them to get over this little side trip and get on with the main story.

And I just finished Mindhunter. As a fan of Criminal Minds I really liked it.

ST Episode 7 was a waste of time. Mindhunter was great, but I was really disappointed after I realized I had just watched the last episode. What a weird letdown...

Ok i was just wondering if the third season of narcos was good because the second seems to wrap up pretty much the whole story.

Unlike many series that can't resist ending on 2 or 3 giant cliffhangers. .. Especially painful on Netflix (and I don't have tv or pirated shows).

Season three deals with the Cali Cartel. And I liked season 3 the most. Hoping that they do a season 4 with the Mexican Cartels. But I've read there is legit fear about filming in or around Mexico, and the Cartels are not too keen on their story being told in detail. They had a location scout shot and killed while in Mexico. So its kind of up in the air.

2 episodes left of Stranger Things Season 1. It's getting pretty good. I love the way they portray the era. Only a couple of phrases that were too modern to be from the 80's, but better than most shows that attempt to portray an era. Some of the music was not quite accurate to the year in the scene, but so far they were not actually music in the scene, but soundtrack music meant more to convey an emotion in general.

I'm 10 episodes into Dark Matter Season 3 and it is a real mixed bag, including one episode that I think might be their best ever and a couple that just make me go 'uhggg!'.

I'm 10 episodes into Dark Matter Season 3 and it is a real mixed bag, including one episode that I think might be their best ever and a couple that just make me go 'uhggg!'.

Yeah I felt the same way. I haven't gotten too far and already lost interest.

Started watching Alias Grace. Interesting so far.

Finished up Mindhunter last night. I thought it was really well done. I listen to a lot of true crime podcasts, so it was interesting to see these criminals brought to life.

Back