GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jukas said:
I was interested until I read that Hulu Plus still had commercials. A pay to stream service where I had to sit through their ads? No thanks.

The commercials are slightly annoying but two 30 second commercials every 15 min isnt bad!

Peep Show - quirky/funny English sitcom about a paranoid nerd and his slacker roommate 40+ episodes.

X Files - 200 episodes

Cropsey - spooky documentary filmed on Staten Island

Audition - effed up Japanese horror by Takahashi Miike. Slow for the first 40 mins and then madness.

Santa Sangre - like a bad acid trip. disturbing and surreal.

Safe Men - about two guys who accidentally become safe crackers, funny/amusing.

Black Death - adventure from the dark ages

Breakout Kings - a series about US Marshals who enlist the services of prisoners to help capture bad guys who breakout of jail

Kill the Irishman - true story about a 1970s Irish mobster who ran Cleveland. Authentic.

Naked Lunch - surreal film by Cronenberg based on a Willam S Burroughs novel

I liked Black Death.

I'm sure I've mentioned it but Valhalla was good too.

I liked Black Death.

I'm sure I've mentioned it but Valhalla was good too.

Oh man! Valhalla was subtly epic. Think we discussed that at length in the horror thread.

Somehow I saw the last half of black death. Seemed good, but I never saw the whole thing.

dallasdb said:
The commercials are slightly annoying but two 30 second commercials every 15 min isnt bad!

So that's 3-4 sets of commercials per hour show? From free Hulu that's acceptable, but if I'm going to pay for a streaming service that costs the same as netflix I don't expect to be subjected to their ad revenue.

Killer Elite was definitely entertaining.

I've been eyeing Blitz.

If you haven't seen it (and I don't remember mentioning it), 5 Minutes of Heaven with Liam Neeson. Irish flick. Really good.

Oh man! Valhalla was subtly epic. Think we discussed that at length in the horror thread.

Somehow I saw the last half of black death. Seemed good, but I never saw the whole thing.

See the whole thing. It's a good movie.

BOTTLE BOMBS on Breaking Bad??????lol.

I was cringing, but the ********* brother bottled in his dirty, hot garage, so I felt it was realistic enough.

The wild and wonderful whites of west Virginia.
21 grams
Planet earth series
Breaking bad
Sons of anarchy

Through Deaf Eyes (documentary about deaf education & deafness)
The Killing (less surreal Twin Peaks v2.0)
Jon Benjamin Has A Van (sketch comedy from Sterling Archer)
The Larry Sanders Show (1990s Curb Your Enthusiasm)
Downton Abbey (compulsory for the vaginally equipped)

How is Sons of Anarchy compared to Breaking Bad in terms of quality?

Sons is more action and soapish drama, still quite good, Breaking Bad is better story, more suspense and interesting twists of story, making the action better since its less consistent.

2 girls 1 cup is now streaming on netflix...it's a must see

Lay off the beers.

Currently in the midst of designing a 'Shiva' for our fantasy football league... I will NOT be displaying this in our home...because I will NOT lose.

I hope.

And The League is a great show, if not a bit under-rated and misunderstood. :)

Just watched "The Devil's Double" from reading this thread and it was AWESOME. Definitely a great movie I'd recommend.

I just can't believe it is based on a true story. If you haven't seen it yet, you should!

MARGIN CALL. really good story and acting. Amazing explaination of how mortgage backed securities became "toxic" literally overnight.

Must see.

MARGIN CALL. really good story and acting. Amazing explaination of how mortgage backed securities became "toxic" literally overnight.

Must see.

I thought it was good. Too Big to Fail was great too, but I don't think it is on Netflix...at least I haven't looked to see whether it is or not.

Here's one that was real subtle: One Week. Very very subtle. Nothing too big, no real action. Just... good.

Also, World's Fastest Indian I believe is still on there (It was before, at least). That was a pretty good one that I saw. Anthony Hopkins does a good job with it.

God Bless America was good. The dialogue between the two main characters is basically what you think to yourself every time you walk through the mall or watch MTV...except they shoot people for acting this way. Very funny.

Hot Rod is an awesome comedy with some SNL members in the cast. I think it's still on Netflix

Tex said:
Hot Rod is an awesome comedy with some SNL members in the cast. I think it's still on Netflix

Hot Rod is funny/stupid but worth watching once if you haven't seen it.

"I've been drinking green tea all day! This is my hat now!!! Totally my hat"

Best part of that movie.

If you like Mockumentaries in the style of "This Is Spinal Tap" and "Best Of Show" check out a movie called "Corked". It's about winemakers and it's hilarious.

God Bless America was good. The dialogue between the two main characters is basically what you think to yourself every time you walk through the mall or watch MTV...except they shoot people for acting this way. Very funny.

When he effing shot that MTV Sweet Sixteen ***** in the face, I knew this was gonna be epic! Up til then you thought he was just blowing off steam.

The Man From Nowhere was quite good, not the over the top action doodybaggery of most Jacky chan, Jet Li stoopid movies, this one had a great plot and at least an attempt at an explanation of why no one has a gun and fights with swords, knives, and hands. Oh wait! NOT DUBBED OVER.

Effing can't watch OLD BOY, HATE dubbing.

Against my better judgement, Vanilla Sky was worth another look.
Tom Cruise (somewhat of a general doodybag) screaming "TECH SUPPORT!" at the top of his lungs to an empty room, once he realizes that the jig is up, and he is in hell, is fairly freaking classic!

cheezydemon3 said:
HBO shows are on Netflix. Not saying it will be, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason.

I've never seen an HBO show on Netflix. They've flat out Sid they won distribute via Netflix prior to them launching hbogo. Even less reason for them to do so now.

I've never seen an HBO show on Netflix. They've flat out Sid they won distribute via Netflix prior to them launching hbogo. Even less reason for them to do so now.

Isn't Weeds HBO?

EDIT: I think after shows maybe move to cable from HBO, they go to netflix.

I agree. Netflix should be the death of HBO, so why would they help it out.

Nope.. Showtime : mug:

DOH!!

Never had any of them, so they all kinda meld into one useless blob in my wee mind.

For the record: HBO shows SUCK!!!!(from the little I've seen) lol True Blood is the goofiest piece of wanna be macabre crap I've ever witnessed.

TERRIBLE!!!! Wish I could un-watch. Makes the Underworld movies look like the most serious and intellectually inspiring vampire movies ever.

Back