GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OT, but buggar it! Tx's sig got me all excited for a moment there! With my long term (and mid term and short term) memory lapses, I thought there was another giveaway coming up! I don't often use the phrase "Attention seeking pimp".......Or maybe I do, but I can't remember.

Squirrel!!!!

"you don't choose the soy sauce, the soy sauce chooses you"

That one keeps creeping up as a winner in my subconcious......Really it blew it at the end. From the burning of all of the tiny little....faries or whatever at the car crash on, (except for the booby parade) it went a little wide of awesome.

Thank you for that LGI!

And now for something completely different.

Hey!! Your post was just as off topic as mine!!

Any way....If anyone is looking to keep the wife happy, Doc Martin is one of those typically British, VERY easy on the brain comedy/drama things that is good for a Sunday afternoon. It's real PBS territory. A snooze fest for some, a pleasant couch cuddling time for others. Leave your brain at the door. Those types of shows have merit in the right situation. :)

Hey!! Your post was just as off topic as mine!!

Any way....If anyone is looking to keep the wife happy, Doc Martin is one of those typically British, VERY easy on the brain comedy/drama things that is good for a Sunday afternoon. It's real PBS territory. A snooze fest for some, a pleasant couch cuddling time for others. Leave your brain at the door. Those types of shows have merit in the right situation. :)

You are confusing me with someone else......my post did not say "OT", yours did.

Lol

image-3776182317.jpg

Copper isn't the best series ever, but just one upped Deadwood with some hot pig on corpse action. I don't think there is a puking emoticon, or I'd use it.

If you've ever been around/raised pigs, that's how they roll.

Copper isn't the best series ever, but just one upped Deadwood with some hot pig on corpse action. I don't think there is a puking emoticon, or I'd use it.

AWESOME!!!lol.

while this is the "GOOD" on netflix thread, I appreciate candid assessments of the not so great as well.

I didn't mind it that much. I agree not the best, but I still spent my time watching it I suppose.

Someone tell me Longmire gets better. I'm on the third or fourth episode and I'm about to throw in the towel.

Someone tell me Longmire gets better. I'm on the third or fourth episode and I'm about to throw in the towel.

Its not for everyone, a few more character's back stories open up and couple side stories but its a pretty simple show. I like it but I'm no movie snob I thought Shawn of the dead was "compelling".

HoppyDaze said:

I enjoy it. It's not an edge if the seat, cliffhanger type of show. Kinda like the hardy boys for grown ups.

BLOOD CREEK

I was gonna rent something scary, but this was worth another watch!!!!

Awesome original horror. SCARY. That is saying alot coming from me. I found "House of 1000 corpses" to be light and fun filled comedy ;)

Anybody tried to watch Hemlock Grove?

I did. The wife managed to finish it, I didn't. It's a kinda Twighlight thing IMO.

I have nothing against the genre per se.......But why does it always HAVE to revolve around teens!!......Forget it, I know the answer.

Don't know if this is going to be double posted or not. Damn ipad app said my reply was too short despite it being at least a full sentence...

Anyway, was just wondering if we have discussed arrested development season 4 here yet. I've been absent lately so I would have missed that conversation. Personally I wasn't that impressed. It had its moments but the way they followed characters in a nonlinear timeline was more confusing than funny and Lindsey went from being a super hot blonde chick like my wife to a nasty weird ET looking creature that made my dick soft. Very unpleasant.

DAMMIT!!!!!!! Punched myself in the neck, and then realized I have never seen that, much less recommended it!!!

DAMMIT!!!

Well, do not watch it. You could end up stabbing your neck with a plague infested sword. Which should have been the opening and closing scene to spare us the massive disappointment.

I did. The wife managed to finish it, I didn't. It's a kinda Twighlight thing IMO.

I have nothing against the genre per se.......But why does it always HAVE to revolve around teens!!......Forget it, I know the answer.

I guess I didn't notice that since the "kids" they try to pass for high schoolers are closer to my age than high school age.

I called netflix when southpark was removed. Licensing and contracts were up. I'm making the switch to either Hulu or Amazon. Recommendations?

I called netflix when southpark was removed. Licensing and contracts were up. I'm making the switch to either Hulu or Amazon. Recommendations?

See below. Some stuff has to go to bring in new.

Hulu sucks dog dicks and Amazon is Netflixs' retarded little brother.

FYI, Netflix just added The Avengers. Watching now.

See?

Cancelling Netflix is a mistake and you will likely be back.

I have amazon but just to fill in the cracks, and I cancelled Hulu Plus with 6 and a half days left in their 7 day free trial.

If I could only have 1 of the 3, Netflix is only 483 times better than amazon and hulu combined, so the word "no-brainer" comes to mind.

They took of South Park? I didn't get to watch every episode 10 timers. 9 times sure, but not the 10th.

Back