GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Netflix is a pretty good source for watching movies. I have gotten frustrated with them, in the past, due to movies becoming unavailable on streaming. But, I called their customer service (very polite, btw) and as they explained, they are in constant negotiations with the studios that own the rights to the shows. They have to maintain a balance between making a profit and keeping their services "a good value for their customers". Makes sense, to me. All in all, I really like their offerings and still consider Netflix a good bargain.

I think Netflix is a pretty good source for watching movies. I have gotten frustrated with them, in the past, due to movies becoming unavailable on streaming. But, I called their customer service (very polite, btw) and as they explained, they are in constant negotiations with the studios that own the rights to the shows. They have to maintain a balance between making a profit and keeping their services "a good value for their customers". Makes sense, to me. All in all, I really like their offerings and still consider Netflix a good bargain.

GOD DAMN!!!!......(sorry not you richkev)

We are talking about Netflix streaming that is $8.24/month .........RIGHT??????

I wish they would charge $30 and have TONS more stuff, but for freaking $8.24, GET OVER IT. BEST DEAL ON THE EFFING PLANET.;)

A little perspective please! I spend $8.24 in one trip to Qdoba.

I starting watching an episode of Blue Mountain last night.. I can say with confidence that nobody is going to be winning any awards for that show :drunk:

Oh that reminds me!

Mirror mirror...or whatever (Julia Roberts) was really good (I have kids) and evidently pretty recent.

If the disney deal means we get stuff like that and it is $9.99 or something, I am going to quit my job, riot in the streets (hopefully lots of people will join me) and eventually light myself on fire if I survive my hunger strike............

:cross:

It would have to be $40/month before I would dump it.

I am not a fan of exclusive content deals. The streaming services pay a premium for the exclusivity, which ends up meaning higher rates for consumers and a limited audience. If instead the content owners provided egalitarian access, they can make more money due to a wider market exposure, and as consumers we'd get lower rates and a much richer supply of content.

I think the Disney deal is something they are hoping will keep their shareholders from lynching them. I don't see prices going up for at least another year after their last stint.

I watched "Parking Lot Movie" last night. Amazing... if you like quirky documentaries.

Also, "Mugabe and the White African" is worth watching.

And if you can stand Scandinavian humor/debauchery, "Klown" is like their version of the "Hangover." I thought it was pretty funny. The girlfriend certainly didn't, if that tells you anything. :)

The FP.......

Yikes. While I am giving this a hearty thumbs up, it is not for everyone.

It is a strange somber brand of ridiculous from the word go. Not silly like airplane, It pretends to be serious and lets your funny bone decide when to pull you back and let you laugh at the sum of the preposterousness.

I seriously pondered putting the quote "Howz a nigga sposed to sort **** out without no ducks?" in my sig, but thought better of it. Everyone was nigga or B, or G, or *****. Especially if you loathe people that talk like that, then you will like this movie. It is slow to start. If you get past the first 10 minutes, stick with it. It is eventually well worth it.

The only people I ever met who talked this way were from Cincinnatti in the early 90's. They were young and half retarded, I assume it wore off for most of them, but if it didn't, this movie is what you would get. I mean no offense to Cincinnatti;) It did my heart good to see some epic fun being made of that culture.

Come Fly With Me is a BBC mockumentary set around people who work at airports. It is kinda like a parody of the A&E series Airline which chronicled the real-life craziness within airports. Anyway, its not a long series but is friggen hilarious if you've ever visited an airport. I really liked it, check it out.

On a happy note PIRHANNA has a (dare I say it??) star studded cast, and GRATUITOUS scenes of nudity, while the movie sucks, the nudity is so flagrantly retarded and awesome at the same time, (forget if she can act, just sign the HOTTEST brunette) that it is worth watching with a little ff.

I FULLY apologize for this post.

I see that Netflix has "Classic Doctor Who", with a total of 75 episodes. Before they had a few of the older ones here and there, but 75 is way more than I remember them having available before.

Well my wife started watching Once Upon a Time and I usually steer clear of what she watches but it's actually really good so far. And there's no shortage of beautiful ladies. it's a weird mash up of fairy tale characters that are played in the past as well as in some kind of modern day alternate reality from what I can tell. Anyway, here's little red riding hood ;)

image-2872951995.jpg

image-1498503732.jpg

FWIW.....

Got a Roku. OWN the 3rd season of TWD for 1.99/episode.

Better than waiting until next season starts, and still cheaper than cable!

The interface is better than playon, but no where close to netflix on the wii. That is still the future in my estimations.

If you've got Amazon Prime you ought to stream that on your roku, too. There's lots of stuff that Netflix doesn't get, that Amazon does, and vice-versa.

I'm currently doing the 30 day free trial for Amazon prime. Is that $1.99 for the entire 3rd season of The Walking Dead? I was under the impression that it was per episode. If it's for the whole season, it might make the $79 per year worthwhile.

I'm currently doing the 30 day free trial for Amazon prime. Is that $1.99 for the entire 3rd season of The Walking Dead? I was under the impression that it was per episode. If it's for the whole season, it might make the $79 per year worthwhile.

SORRY! edited. They give you 3 free for signing up, and 1.99 from there.

Still searching through the free stuff on AP. It isn't netflix, but at 7.50/month it is worth exploring. Free 1 month trial.

SORRY! edited. They give you 3 free for signing up, and 1.99 from there.

Still searching through the free stuff on AP. It isn't netflix, but at 7.50/month it is worth exploring. Free 1 month trial.

$7.50 per month is more than I pay. It's $79 per year for a prime membership, and the best thing about Amazon Prime is it comes with free 2-day shipping on all your Amazon orders. I look at all the streaming media stuff and books as a bonus.

Okay, thought maybe I read that wrong! I'm doing the 30 free trial for Amazon Prime. I'll probably keep it, mainly because I order a lot of junk from Amazon. The free shipping is worth it, for me.

Anyway, to get back to the OP... I'll +1 Once Upon a Time. Good show that I can watch with my wife and not lock the bedroom door out of fear the kids will walk in. We have been watching True Blood (have to get it on disc), but the language, nudity and sex makes it a late night, door locked kind of show...

$7.50 per month is more than I pay. It's $79 per year for a prime membership, and the best thing about Amazon Prime is it comes with free 2-day shipping on all your Amazon orders. I look at all the streaming media stuff and books as a bonus.

$79 a year is ike 6.58/month....... I rounded for tax or whatever.

Okay, thought maybe I read that wrong! I'm doing the 30 free trial for Amazon Prime. I'll probably keep it, mainly because I order a lot of junk from Amazon. The free shipping is worth it, for me.

Anyway, to get back to the OP... I'll +1 Once Upon a Time. Good show that I can watch with my wife and not lock the bedroom door out of fear the kids will walk in. We have been watching True Blood (have to get it on disc), but the language, nudity and sex makes it a late night, door locked kind of show...

I tried to get into Trueblood.......lol. It is a freaking joke.

I understand if the first couple of seasons were good or whatever, but the last season SUCKED. Soap opera with bizarre mythical creatures.....(which I normally LOVE but Trueblood and twilight have taught me that even werewolves can suck)

I've been watching Todd and the Book of Pure Evil this evening and laughing my ass off.

There's some really hilarious dialog in this one I'm watching now.

Hooded evil guys: Silence! What am I looking at?
Guidance Counselor: It's a sketch of the boy's penis.
Hooded evil guys: Why are there lightning bolts around it?
Guidance Counselor: Those are pubic hairs.
Hooded evil guys: This is a sketch of YOUR penis.
Guidance Counselor: It is not! How would you even know if it was?
Hooded evil guys: Do not think for a second, Atticus, that we do not watch YOU.
Guidance Counselor: Who watches my penis?
(Hooded evil guy raises hand)
Guidance Counselor: And I thought I was low man on the totem pole.
Hooded evil guys: HIS job is to watch your penis. YOUR job is to bring us the book!

I've been watching Todd and the Book of Pure Evil this evening and laughing my ass off.

There's some really hilarious dialog in this one I'm watching now.

Hooded evil guys: Silence! What am I looking at?
Guidance Counselor: It's a sketch of the boy's penis.
Hooded evil guys: Why are there lightning bolts around it?
Guidance Counselor: Those are pubic hairs.
Hooded evil guys: This is a sketch of YOUR penis.
Guidance Counselor: It is not! How would you even know if it was?
Hooded evil guys: Do not think for a second, Atticus, that we do not watch YOU.
Guidance Counselor: Who watches my penis?
(Hooded evil guy raises hand)
Guidance Counselor: And I thought I was low man on the totem pole.
Hooded evil guys: HIS job is to watch your penis. YOUR job is to bring us the book!

That show is pretty great. The second episode with the sexually depraved naked mini Todd was pretty freaking classic stuff.

If you like that, check out the FP. I need to go back and rate it 5 stars. I keep remembering hilarious bits from it.

Just watched Half Baked even though I've seen it many times before. It is still funny and where else can you see a Dave Chappelle movie with all those great cameos from Jon Stewart, Snoop Dogg, Janeane Garofalo, Bob Saget, and Willie Nelson.

Rites of Spring

A good movie. what makes it really fascinating is the meshing of 3 distinct genres....

Didn't want to spoil it, but the description suggests the supernatural, so here goes.

Rites of Spring is at once a good Slasher/torture film, a kidnapped for ransom film, and a HERE COMES SOME GOD AWFUL PSYCHOTIC LIVING DEAD MONSTER! film.

Have you seen their earlier works? Great stuff.
Frisky Dingo
Sealab 2021

I enjoyed Sealab back in the day, tried getting into Frisky Dingo but didn't really like, though that was years ago and my sense of humor has changed so I'll have to give it another try.

Archer: "Don't you want a grandkid?"

Malory: (his mom) "Well, if I did, I'd just scrape all your previous mishaps into a big pile and knit a onesie for it."

The Faculty is a classic and it's got a lot of somewhat big-name actors in it. I mean it's got Frodo, PLUS Jordana Brewster, in addition to Robert Patrick, Selma Hayek, Famke Janssen, and a bunch of other folks.

John Stewart.

DAMMIT!!!!!!!

Gonna have to either start a ROKU streaming thread or pollute this one....

I'm gonna have to toss in a +1 for Jericho and Reaper, also if you like Tucker and Dale vs. Evil then look up Sons of Tucson. They never finished the series but netflix has it and its fun to watch.

A few others that I thought were good but the shows got dropped before conclusion.

Veronica Mars - apparently no longer available for streaming :(
The Dresden Files

Back