GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can’t get into Ozark at all, I think I’m just burned out on the whole drug culture thing.
Hell on wheels fans should like Deadwood

Tried to watch The Perfection, but then it seemed like it was going to turn into a Contagion movie... The protagonists travel thru rural China, one gets sick & puts on a surgical mask

Yeah, if I want to see that, I can go to my local grocery store

We ended up watching The Good Place. If anything else, Kristen Bell is not difficult to look at

Full disclosure: neither was it difficult to watch Allison Williams & Logan Browning bumping nugs to start the movie

Last edited:
if you don't feel dirty after watching Tiger King you should be ashamed of yourself. I'm disappointed in myself for watching the whole chitshow. It's like a trainwreck on fire ripping through vulnerable communities and we celebrate it. Hard not to watch though, lol... dogshit humans all of them

Last edited:
Just watched The Platform last night. Pretty solid Spanish film. I guess I would classify it as a futuristic thriller.

Man that movie was weird. I liked it a lot. Very hard to describe, but the concept is very original I thought. I'd like to know more about the outside world and how that place exists.

Tried to watch The Perfection, but then it seemed like it was going to turn into a Contagion movie... The protagonists travel thru rural China, one gets sick & puts on a surgical mask

Definitely not like Contagion. That movie took a hard turn into territory I wasn't expecting.

Anyone watch Cheer? It's not normally something I'd go for but it seems to be pretty buzzy so I checked it out. It's basically a documentary about a cheer team at a community college in Texas that is practicing to compete in the national cheer championship. Despite the small size of the school, it is considered one of the premier cheer teams in the country and has won several national championships. The coverage veers from personal stories of the students and coaches and the practices they do. Lots of drama in unexpected places and not in ways you'd typically expect from a cheerleader show. There's basically no romance, no drinking, no partying. It's all business for the cheerleaders and how they jockey to be one of the people "on mat".

Anyone watch Cheer? It's not normally something I'd go for but it seems to be pretty buzzy so I checked it out. It's basically a documentary about a cheer team at a community college in Texas that is practicing to compete in the national cheer championship. Despite the small size of the school, it is considered one of the premier cheer teams in the country and has won several national championships. The coverage veers from personal stories of the students and coaches and the practices they do. Lots of drama in unexpected places and not in ways you'd typically expect from a cheerleader show. There's basically no romance, no drinking, no partying. It's all business for the cheerleaders and how they jockey to be one of the people "on mat".

Okay, so I first thought you said Cheers, and it took me until you said 'cheer team's. Ummmmmmmm. But, yes, the wife and I watched it.

I would say that Cheer is the sane version of the college reject football players...you know...Last Chance U.

Just watched The Platform last night. Pretty solid Spanish film. I guess I would classify it as a futuristic thriller.
W. T. F.

you gotta warn people a bit before you toss this one out there with a benign sounding description like "futuristic thriller"

CMG!!!

just dropped into a new netflix series- Into the Night.

if reading subtitles doesnt hurt your MERICAN ego then this one's good.

the sun decides it wants to kill us all one day, the only safe place for survivors is wherever its night outside. think of the movie Speed, but instead of a bus its friggin airplane and they're not stuck in LA but flying all over the damn globe trying to outrun the sunrise.

Greatest Events of WWII in Color is pretty good if you are into WWII. It's mostly colorized, which adds to the reality for me. There is a lot of recycled footage from previous documentaries, but it has some stuff I've never seen. Maybe not the best time to be viewing WWII footage, but I am a junky so...

Just watched Rainbow last night. If you are a fan of rock and roll history, it documents the Rainbow Bar and Grill and Whisky-A-GoGo establishments on the Sunset Strip.

We started BLACK MIRROR last night, and I hope it gets better because this **** is weird right now.
If you can make it past that first episode of the first season you're strong. That first one was shocking, brutal, mind blowing...all of the above. It's not a bad show, in a Twilight Zone kind of way with all episodes dealing with future technology. Some are better than others

If you can make it past that first episode of the first season you're strong. That first one was shocking, brutal, mind blowing...all of the above. It's not a bad show, in a Twilight Zone kind of way with all episodes dealing with future technology. Some are better than others

Good to know...yeah it was fine. It was just weird...like where does the story even go from here. We'll find out tonight : )

Is it the one where the Prime Minister had to pork a pig?

Totally agree that Ozarks is a great, must see show. May take a few episodes to set up but once it gets going, you want more.
Finally started this series a couple nights ago. It's been on my watch list for a long time. I've only seen the first episode, but it was good. Intense.
I'm abut halfway through season 2. Very good show. Maybe not Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul good, but very good.

I'm abut halfway through season 2. Very good show. Maybe not Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul good, but very good.
I actually like Ozark more than BCS and probably just as much as Breaking Bad. The last couple seasons of BCS were good but the first couple were quite slow and difficult for me to really get in to. I am excited to see what happens to the Byrds (Ozarks) and Kim Wexler (BCS).

I actually like Ozark more than BCS and probably just as much as Breaking Bad. The last couple seasons of BCS were good but the first couple were quite slow and difficult for me to really get in to. I am excited to see what happens to the Byrds (Ozarks) and Kim Wexler (BCS).
Same here; Ozark is far better than BCS, IMO. BCS is almost entering Walking Dead territory for me, where I just keep watching just because I've seen every episode, not because I'm excited to watch it (I think there's just one more season, so I can stick with it; but I gave up on TWD last year).

I know this is getting a bit off topic, but regarding BCS it did take me a couple episodes to reset expectations. It's a much slower burn than BB or Ozark. But, imo, it's equally as good as BB, just in a different way. It's extremely well acted and well written, and it's much better filmed than any other TV series I can think of off the top of my head. The camera angles and positioning are fabulous. The use of particular colors and shadowing to accentuate the scenes is brilliant. I'll often times watch an episode a second time....with the sound off....just to observe its beauty. I think this show will be referenced and studied in film schools for a long time to come.

Bongo, I agree with all of that. I've always enjoyed Tarantino films for a lot of the same reasons... Camera angles, lighting, the dialogue and tension that builds between characters in scenes, etc. are all fantastic. If you are mindful of those things, try not to let the unbelievably dark lighting in Ozark season 2 bother you because the acting and story telling is top notch. Just turn up your screen brightness if needed, at least until you start season 3.

Just thought of this as soon as I clicked to submit my last post...

The Adam Sandler movie Uncut Gems is insanely tense and surprisingly good. My God, I felt like I was going to have a panic attack during the movie and felt like I'd had a heart attack when it finished. If you can't find anything else to watch it is definitely worth an hour and a half or however long it is.

The Protector was just awful and really lowered my expectations from Netflix Originals so I was really surprised that I ended up liking Cursed so much. It got off to a slow start, I think because it is so different from the Arthurian Legend of Merlin, but I was really into it by the final episode - especially the Squirrel character.

Watched the first season of Deadwind on Netflix. A nice, understated Finnish series about 2 detectives in Helsinki investigating a murder. The 2nd season came out a few weeks back. I'm taking a break to watch a few other shows before I get back on it.

I binged all 3 seasons of Dark a few weeks ago. Amazing. Some of the best writing in any show I've ever seen. It's a sci-fi show about multiple generations of intertwining families in a German town.

For those who have hulu, Palm Springs was really good. Kind of like Groundhog Day, you will enjoy it if you're into the infinite quantum loop concept.

Back