Good hop to use in watermelon kettle sour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomtown25

Reaction score
I am thinking Belma or Heull or Saaz. Obviously I want low IBUs and do not want the hops to steal the show. Going to be a really light grain build but want to hit around 6% alcohol. Also, is maris otter a no go for sours or would that add some nice flavor without being too weird??

I've seen maris otter used with good results. E.g. Here.

I think any hop with fruity, floral, earthy, or spicy characteristics will be good. Personally I love noble hops, especially Saaz, and would use them in pretty much any beer. All the ones you mentioned are good options on my opinion, so dealer's choice! Split the batch and dry hop if you can't decide.

I've seen maris otter used with good results. E.g. Here.

I think any hop with fruity, floral, earthy, or spicy characteristics will be good. Personally I love noble hops, especially Saaz, and would use them in pretty much any beer. All the ones you mentioned are good options on my opinion, so dealer's choice! Split the batch and dry hop if you can't decide.

Split and report the results :)

Back