Good extract kit to use as a base for a strawberry blonde ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonzoAPD

Reaction score
I am looking for a good extract kit to use as a base for a strawberry blonde ale? What do you recommend?

Northern Brewer has some nice blonde ales. I am a big fan of their cream ale which I sadly pulled the last pint from today so it may be in order to make it again. I am sure it would be easy to add a hint of strawberry to it as well.

Any other kit recommendations? Not sure a cream ale is the best base for this but I am pretty new so could be wrong.

A Blonde ale and a Cream ale are very similar ("Cream" can be a bit misleading), unless you are talking about a belgian blonde that would be different.

I would imagine that any Blonde Ale or American Ale would work. You already said you wanted to make this a Strawberry Blonde so find a blonde kit from one of the online places or ask your LHBS. I prefer the local places of course.

Back