Good Deal on Temp Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cheaper than when I built mine from scratch. Is it a dual stage controller? I see two outlets but can't tell from the broken english. Also, seeing the cord does not have a ground on it. Might be a problem for some.

no idea. I'll let you guys know when I get em. but really for $23 shipped each, how can you go wrong?
Not sure where your seeing the 2nd outlet, all i see is 1 that is designed to be compatible with 110v and 220v plugins.
Also I emailed the seller and they only come in Celsius, no Fahrenheit version here
has a heating and cooling mode for sure though.

Ok I just have bad eyes. The pictures with the led turned off made me think it was the back of the unit.

haha its all good. dont get me wrong, this is a cheapo made in chine unit. BUT, like used kegs, no one is going to see it and (provided they work) they'll get the job done.

I just like the idea of this one becuase it seems compact, simple, and cheap. that way i can my spend money on quality that matters :)

Interesting. Definitely looking forward to reviews from people who took the plunge :).

Any updates on this?
From the description, it is either/or heat/cool, but at 23 bucks you can buy 2

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Updates to come soon. Taking forever to ship but "should" be here this week. Apparently China post is incapable of tracking shipments lol.

*edit*

just checked tracking info. in chicago now, so should be 2 or 3 days to where I'm at. woop woop!

the stc 1000 is 13 bucks and does work well granted to have to spend a few dollars for an outlet to wire to it but these look like the outlets are European anyway?

They are multi national outlets, just like the ones on the ferm chamber controller Auber Ins sells. After living in Europe for 5 years and countless deployments, these outlets are more the norm for me now. The way I look at it is for $7 I don't have to deal with anything else, and another wire job is not what I want to think about right now, as I am in the middle of the control panel and it seems to be winning....lol

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

The description clearly states it's a one channel relay. So heating or cooling, not both. That may limit it's usefulness for a fermentation chamber.

That socket looks weird, like a catch-all US/UK/Europe deal. The Brits got those humongous fused 3-prong plugs.

Is anyone else concerned about the lack of a ground prong on the cord that goes into the wall outlet? I'd be worried about not having a properly grounded fridge or freezer.

Yes, that is a problem.

Although you can ground a fridge directly with a separate ground wire, which may be even better than through a cord, it's not easier, and may get overlooked or forgotten totally, leaving no grounding at all.

Looking at it again, I'm now not sure a continental European socket is integrated in that receptacle contraption. The look of that whole socket worries me most.

I am not saying anything about the product but of you have spent any time in other. countries that run 220 you would have seen these sockets often. Also the controller Auber Ins sells uses the same socket

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back