good brush for 2L flask

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a bottle brush if brushing becomes necessary. They wire can be bent to form an angle.
Unscented Oxyclean will usually take care of spots that don't readily rinse out.

Carboy brush, kitchen sink brush or dishwasher. It's not that difficult to clean like any other dish in the cupboard

If you get in a pinch you can always clean it with ice and salt. A long time ago when I used to work in a restaurant, we used to clean all of our coffee pots this way - fill up about 1/4 full with ice cubes and a healthy dose of salt. Let sit for a few minutes to get an ice-salt slurry, then swirl around in the air for a few minutes. They always come out crystal clean and shiny.

I just picked up a 5 liter Pyrex erlenmeyer flask for 10 EUR, hell of a deal. I'll be using the above technique tomorrow to clean it since it appears that somebody has been using it as a flower pot or something.

I also bought a wine bottle brush and bent it like a carboy brush.

I couldn't get the carboy brush to fit into my 2L flask.

Back