Good Breweries off of I-70 between Ohio and Denver

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two_hearted

Reaction score
Hey everybody. Like the title says, I'll be driving from Ohio to Denver this week on I-70 and I am always in search of good beer. I'm not looking to go drinking because I'll be driving obviously, but I definitely want to pick up some goodies along the way.

I'll probably swing by Boulevard in Kansas City as long as they sell bottles there.

Any other suggestions?

Free state brewery Lawrence KS. 70 goes just past north of town. They have great beer and great food.

Most of St. Louis's breweries are right off I-70. Schlafly, Urban Chestnut, 4 Hands, Ferguson, 6 Row, Trailhead (skip that one), Exit 6. Columbia (90 miles west) is also right on I-70 and has several breweries.

I agree with Sun King and Flat 12 in Indy. There is also Triton Brewing there as well, which is good.

Where in Ohio are you starting? If you are near Columbus, I would recommend checking out Barley's.

They have a really nice Scottish Ale and their food is excellent.

http://www.barleysbrewing.com/index.html

Good timing, I'll doing the reverse of most of that trip. On way back going to go over by Chicago and down to 70.
Any thoughts of good/great bottle shops along the way? Wanting to get home with crooked stave, three floyds, and clown shoes.

O'Fallon brewery in O'Fallon, MO, just outside of St. Louis. And of course hit Boulevard in Kansas City.

I live in Indianapolis. My favorites that are within a short drive of I-70 are Flat 12 and Bier Brewery. I love New Day Meadery too, if you are interested in meads/ciders. But Indianapolis legitimately has about a half dozen breweries that are good to great. You would just have to travel further to get to them.

Downtown Dayton has the Dayton Beer Company, Warped Wing Brewery, and Toxic Brewery. All three are worth a taste. If you are willing to travel a little farther off of I-70, Eudora and Lock 27 (both in Dayton), along with Mad Tree and Rhinegeist(sp) in Cincinnati are excellent.

Back